Planning a mars base, need good block selection.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
My GF and I are working together on building a base on mars (We currently have a pretty decent base on the moon.)
and we are trying to plan out what materials to bring with us before we take off. (I'm making the Tier 2 rocket today)

After looking at the color of the martian terrain, my GF insists we pick a color scheme that will look nice for the base. (My current base design for the moon is made of glowstone bricks and glowstone glass, and layout/wall designs are not something I was focusing on at the time) She gets to design the base this time, so I was hoping to see what suggestions others had for nice looking blocks for a martial base.

Just suggest the block you recommend, regardless of which mod it comes from. I'll check if we have the mod when I get home from work. :D Thanks again for the help!

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
As always, chisel to the rescue! Seriously try finding an orange block and using chisel with it, it should turn out pretty good.

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestions. Ah, Chisel... where would we be without you? :D

I appreciate the suggestions. My GF wanted to do blue... but I don't think that would work quite right. I think the orangey-ness of mars would clash.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestions. Ah, Chisel... where would we be without you? :D

I appreciate the suggestions. My GF wanted to do blue... but I don't think that would work quite right. I think the orangey-ness of mars would clash.
I agree with you, but wish you luck arguing with your girl.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Burnt quartz, graphite blocks, quarried stone blocks and chisel future blocks. Maybe some stained glass.