Pipes

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
What pipes is everyone using until Thermal Dynamics is released and what are the ups and downs of the ones you use?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
BuildCraft pipes when I'm still early in the world.

Progress to using EnderIO and replace the BC pipes as needed. My mob grinder still uses BC pipes to ferry the items as EnderIO doesn't work directly with the Grinder.

Though I'll eventually phase out pipes and conduits, replacing them with Transdimensional Receivers.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
For me this question is odd, the 'until' implies that you are asking the question to those who will drop what they are using in favor of Thermal Dynamics.
Unless Thermal Dynamics pulls an epic 1up or CrazyPants spontaneously flies off the face of the earth, I wont be dropping it. If Thermal Dynamics is just stock standard TE ducts as they always have been I don't think I could switch to them from EIO.

Ender IO's only drawback is that the better conduits are tied up in EIO's machines. Which isn't really a drawback unless you are insistent on not using EIO machines either due to principle or you are playing a modpack that has EIO machines removed/controlled.

I tend to rush EIO so I don't use anything before it. I will use ExtraUitilites nodes and pipes for certain applications i.e massive output water and systems involving live items (e.g a filtered node with a world interaction upgrade set to pure AE quartz)

Reactions: RedBoss