Pink slimeballs!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so since I'm playing the 152WGT The gregtech recipes are on for the MFR Machines and the recipe for the laser precharger needs a pink slime ball and NEI Wont tell me how to get it and i cant find it on the FTB Wiki I've also asked on the server I'm on but still no response so anyone know how to get this? :)

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
Use a slaughterhouse instead of a grinder to kill your mobs. Send the pink slime liquid to a tank of some kind. Once you have enough, use a bucket to place some in the world. Wait for a pink slime mob to spawn. Kill the mob, loot the pink slime ball, profit.

ETA: ninja'd!!!

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, just like real life.

pink-slime.jpg

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not at my home PC. But if no one else comes in with a better answer I'll set up a test build with screen shots for you tonight.

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
Yes the slaughterhouse does produce pink slime as a specialty with the meat to separate the two I would recommend having a liquid router next to your slaughterhouse.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to set up a liquiduct going to two liquid containers and it managed alright at separating the liquid meat from the pink slime but it can sometimes be a pain to prevent both containers from getting the same thing in them.
Once you have it set up right you'll have more pink slime than you know what to do with.
BTW you'll want looting on your sword when you kill the pink slimes to maximise slimeball output so you don't need to kill as many and don't have to wait for the slaughterhouse as long. Though if you leave it going afterwards you'll soon end up with enough meat blocks to build a house :p

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to set up a liquiduct going to two liquid containers and it managed alright at separating the liquid meat from the pink slime but it can sometimes be a pain to prevent both containers from getting the same thing in them.
Once you have it set up right you'll have more pink slime than you know what to do with.
BTW you'll want looting on your sword when you kill the pink slimes to maximise slimeball output so you don't need to kill as many and don't have to wait for the slaughterhouse as long. Though if you leave it going afterwards you'll soon end up with enough meat blocks to build a house :p

Silly question as I have not tested this (and im not at home to do so) can you net the pink slime and use the MFR spawner to spawn them?

power crystals

Jul 29, 2019
Silly question as I have not tested this (and im not at home to do so) can you net the pink slime and use the MFR spawner to spawn them?
Yep. That's actually what I recommend when anybody asks.

You can also use a liquid router to separate the meat and slime. Empty bucket is a default route, if you can't get a bucket of slime to do that.

Reactions: Saice

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Yep. That's actually what I recommend when anybody asks.

You can also use a liquid router to separate the meat and slime. Empty bucket is a default route, if you can't get a bucket of slime to do that.

Yeah the router is what I have as a test build with meat going one way and slime another. But yeah thats good to know as the Spawner route would be much quicker afer you got one bucket the orginal way.

thanks for piping in.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019

I never bothered to do that myself as I had plenty of pink slime already so rapidly making unlimited amounts was pointless.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Meat House? I can see the Slaughterhouse Tower coming up soon, I want a couple laser drills so I will have a lot of meat blocks ... and the new "meat" biome in the Nether sounds like a good spot to build one.