PIN machine

kubonic92

Jul 29, 2019
I saw Zarouth's excellent program that had a 10 digit code to open a door and this got me thinking would it be possible to use this to make a fully automatic chip and pin machine. I am pretty rubbish with computercraft but thought you could link a player detector to his program and make it so that when you click the player detector the computer asks for your code which you then enter. If correct your cash is displayed onscreen if not correct the program resets. Is this possible?

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
Completely possible. But necessary?

Are you looking to have an ATM in your mincraft world?

Edit: now that I think about it, what would be the point of the PIN number? If you use a player detecter, it detects your user name. If someone else selects the block, it shows their user name. So if someone tried to get in, they can't get past the player detecter security layer to get to the PIN number.

So it isn't very logical to have one

kubonic92

Jul 29, 2019
I was just thinking in terms of building a bank on a world. The PIN is not necessary, it is just for aesthetics.

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, the hard part is messing with the player block peripheral. The password/PIN is the easy part. In fact you can even make it a monitor with real touch buttons for numbers ;) when in doubt, use computercraft.