Phoenix Team - Recruiting Experienced Builders.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Hey everyone, my name's Thomaz, the founder of the Phoenix Team. Today, I come to you with a request:

We, the Phoenix Team, are currently looking for some people to help us on what may be our largest project to date. More specifically, we’re looking for about five to ten people to assist with some building. The building will consist of both the ancient and futuristic style, with an emphasis on futuristic. If you wish to be a part of this project, please post in the thread with the below form filled out. Now, some rules for this project need to be laid out briefly:
  • What you are working on will be private, so please do not share details or pictures of it. You will receive credit for your hard work once the project is public.
    • You may post pictures of your hard work once the project is live, but please understand that the project details must stay private until release.
  • You will be given tasks to work on. Please do not build things without being asked to.
  • This is not an application to join the Phoenix Team. We are currently not taking new members (sorry to disappoint).
Now, if you are still interested, here’s the form we need you to fill out:

In-Game Username:
Age (Optional):
Availability:
Pictures of Previous Builds:
Details (Optional):

Contact info, like Skype, will be exchanged in the form of PMs on the forums, aiming to not compromise anyone's private information. Any questions, please, feel free to ask.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! I would like to apply:

In game username: mattp_12
Availability: I am (usually) free on weekends and maybe on Friday's.
I do not have any pictures of previous builds because I don't consider myself to be the best builder, but then again, I never built anything that has a futuristic or ancient theme. If I was picked I believe I would do good because I would have other people providing constrictive criticism.
Good luck to everyone!

(Edit)
I also have a Skype account.)

Last edited:

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game Username: ScottulusMaximus
Age (Optional): 25
Availability: Mon-Thurs during the evening CAT times, NEVER weekends
Pictures of Previous Builds: See my sig
Details (Optional): PM me, many complications and questions

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Would it be possible to get a bit more information about what this project entails? Locales for a quest based modpack? Random spawned populators for a modpack? Building a spawn for someone's server? :p

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to get a bit more information about what this project entails? Locales for a quest based modpack? Random spawned populators for a modpack? Building a spawn for someone's server? :p
He did say that the info is private ;). Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be sweet!
For all we know we could be placing down a sandstone block and a futura block! :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
He did say that the info is private ;). Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be sweet!
For all we know we could be placing down a sandstone block and a futura block! :p
He said that the content of the project is private. But I would have thought it possible to describe what kind of project it was without spoiling all/any of the content.

I am curious about it, not completely foreign to the idea of doing some kind of commission work if it was of the right kind. But really cannot justify blindly signing up for anything that I don't have any information about at all.

Reactions: mattp_12

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I'll poke thomaz and have him stop by to hopefully clear up any questions. May be a little bit before he can though.

Reactions: rhn

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Unfortunately, we are really aiming for the building's purpose and composure to be as private as possible, I really can't say much more without spoiling it all. All we can say it's quite an ambitious project, city-sized. Picture something like an adventure map of sorts, that's really all I can say, sorry.
Will there be an opportunity to showcase futuristic devices for the chastisement of indigenous lifeforms and livestock?
Oh, absolutely.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Unfortunately, we are really aiming for the building's purpose and composure to be as private as possible, I really can't say much more without spoiling it all. All we can say it's quite an ambitious project, city-sized. Picture something like an adventure map of sorts, that's really all I can say, sorry.

Oh, absolutely.
Is it really that much like an adventure map, though...?

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
I would've thought that it's less likely to have defined routes you must take and places to go.
Perhaps you are wrong, young Padawan.

As for the building style and scale, this is as good as an example as it gets:
ateras_cage_-_updward_look_1024.png
Imagine something slightly less imposing, but in bigger numbers. Much bigger numbers.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
In-Game Username: ScottulusMaximus
Age (Optional): 25
Availability: Mon-Thurs during the evening CAT times, NEVER weekends
Pictures of Previous Builds: See my sig
Details (Optional): PM me, many complications and questions
Survival worlds are nice and all, but this is a large-scale creative build. I personally want to see what you can do given creative mode and worldedit with the specific task of making something that looks amazing. I looked through your posts, and the only two things that really stood out to me are the power plant and the tower.

That said, I'm not a builder. I'm just the third head of the dydra that is this project's administration. Those guys decide on who gets to be in the building team, not I. I'll still pop in with comments and such but yeah.