Windows .exe PC crash when playing minecraft or FTB

seba

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys i've been crashing for a while now.
cant provide a current crash report since the client doesnt crash, the pc crashes and both error log an crash report are clean

http://pastebin.com/yJEzef0U (this is the last crash report, generated on february 5th 2014, and my pc just crashed without generating a crash report.)
DxDiag: http://pastebin.com/8acbFUNV
here's the minidump windows creates after a BSoD.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1v9scym09usk531/021114-24359-01.dmp
hal.dll error stop 124, cant get anything more generic. right?

PC specs:
windows: 8.1 64 bits
java:7 update 51 build 1.7.0_51-b13
CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090t
GPU: evga gtx 560 ti FTW edition
RAM: 8 gb ddr3 kinston
mobo: asus m4a88tv-evo

Now, for all the troubleshooting i did:

not temps, checked temps under heavy load and its well under range, CPU at 55° and GPU at 60°
Prime95 and memtest in several configurations. swapped slots and cards.
stressed tested my gpu. and i play bf4 on medium and ac4 on high with no problems.
did a bios restart, or clear CMOS.

Updated java, every driver i can think, even tried downgrading my gpu drivers.
reinstalled the game as well..

PS: Sorry for my bad english...

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Is your world gone from the listing as well? Everyone who has experienced this error so far was no longer able to see their world. This error as far as I'm aware has no known cause, but has a possible fix. Keep a backup just in case.

P.S. The link for your last crash report needs to be edited. For some reason part of the second sentence was included. Here is the link for anyone else that may want to look at it.

seba

Jul 29, 2019
oops sorry. i messed up that link..typed in a hurry.. had to go get a new psu for a friend

to answer your question yes... i can see my worlds after these crashes... still cant figure out the problem..
a friend of mine thinks this might be a windows problem. giving false info to software and causing a "hardware" crash. cant say for sure..

apparently, my little brother, who plays only vanilla, had 0 crashes while playing, so this might be caused by a mod or the launcher.

thanks for the answer levarthan. gonna try this when i get home

Columbosaurus

Jul 29, 2019
When you say reinstalled the launcher, have you deleted all the launcher files aswell? Could be one corrupt file that isnt getting replaced just by reinstalling the launcher.

Also, this really shouldnt make a difference but allocate a bit more RAM to the xms, go for 1024 instead of 256 or whatever it was :p.

Hope your issue gets fixed!

seba

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing for a while now, at least one hour without crashing.

I destroyed Feed the Beast from my pc and downloaded again, only this time i went for the .jar version ( i had the .exe )
I had 4 gb of ram allocated to the launcher, before launching again i reduced the amount of ram to 2.5 GB.

If it crashes, will be here again with more info..

Thanks for replying Columbusaurus :)

PS Took me a while to test things because the power grid on this area had some issues. Its fixed now, hopefully.

seba

Jul 29, 2019
i managed to reproduce the crashes.
I use a Razer Naga, and when i went through the button mapping on FTB, i used some of the mouse buttons on flight control and stuff..
Since i deleted the config files i had 0 crashes until i mapped the hover mode of the jetpack to the naga, 5 minutes later my pc crashed.

Once i got into ftb again, i remapped hover mode to the keyboard and never crashed again..

This needs testing, and with time i hope we get a fix for this.
IF this is the problem, i hope i helped fix it :)

seba

Jul 29, 2019
Lied, crashed again.
was flying in the nether, nothing strange, and all of the sudden. CRASH