Pax East Tournament Poll *Please read if you are coming to Pax East*

Please select the appropriate response: (select all valid options.)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
Next month, some of the FTB team will be attending Pax East. Whilst there, Pax will be hosting a FTB tournament. Currently this is scheduled to take place on the Friday Evening. To take part in this tournament you will need to be at Pax and have a ticket to enter on Friday. In order to help us organise this it would be useful to get an idea of how many people are attending Pax and would be interested in taking part in the tournament. Please only take part in the poll if you are definitely going to be at Pax over the weekend.

minecraftbfhpro

Jul 29, 2019
only you need to send my a skype message im dont know which time you mean so yeah my skype is jochem.boer and i will play[DOUBLEPOST=1361982344][/DOUBLEPOST]or send to my your skype so i can add you so you can send it[DOUBLEPOST=1361982450][/DOUBLEPOST]is it is english time i can its good im from the netherlands so im dutch

Tombomb

Jul 29, 2019
Ill be at pax for all 3 days, would love Friday night as I don't go to that concert but will try to go when ever it is.

FrozenToday

Jul 29, 2019
Made an account just to vote. I'm only going to be there Saturday, probably not in the evening but if possible I could stay for it. I'd like nothing more than to take part and meet some of the people involved in making the pack

kylemcqueen75

Nov 4, 2012
Waited to long to buy tickets :( I was gonna get the 3 day pass, but sunday is the only one left :/ I'm sure it will still be a great day tho :)

acollins41198

Jul 29, 2019
The only gaming convention thing I can go to due to where I live ( I definitely don't have enough money for plane tickets anywhere) , but I forget to buy tickets until its too late -.-

Method Missing

Jul 29, 2019
I've been 'training' on the old FTB SSP map. I notice that on a given day, my first tree tends to grow at about the exact same time within that day. The next day I get a different, but consistent (within the length of 24 hours) growth time. I use a MacBook primarily and often use Bootcamp to load Windows and I notice that the behavior of the old FTB map's tree spawning on OSX differs from that on Windows, though on either platform it is consistent. This leads me to believe that the PRNG is based on the date and also some other characteristic of the operating system beneath the simulation.

So, it's very possible (by my lame, casual observation in my own play sessions) for users on Mac to have an advantage over PC users, or vice-versa. Given the wildly exponential nature of FTB SSP (v1) a player able to spawn a tree very early in his session will have a vastly better opportunity compared to a player using an equally effective strategy whose tree popped 4 minutes later. Do you have a plan for this situation? Will you run separate brackets for users on Mac / PC? Am I simply imagining this 'regular' behavior of PRNG in Minecraft?

Florastar

Jul 29, 2019
I've been 'training' on the old FTB SSP map. I notice that on a given day, my first tree tends to grow at about the exact same time within that day. The next day I get a different, but consistent (within the length of 24 hours) growth time. I use a MacBook primarily and often use Bootcamp to load Windows and I notice that the behavior of the old FTB map's tree spawning on OSX differs from that on Windows, though on either platform it is consistent. This leads me to believe that the PRNG is based on the date and also some other characteristic of the operating system beneath the simulation.

So, it's very possible (by my lame, casual observation in my own play sessions) for users on Mac to have an advantage over PC users, or vice-versa. Given the wildly exponential nature of FTB SSP (v1) a player able to spawn a tree very early in his session will have a vastly better opportunity compared to a player using an equally effective strategy whose tree popped 4 minutes later. Do you have a plan for this situation? Will you run separate brackets for users on Mac / PC? Am I simply imagining this 'regular' behavior of PRNG in Minecraft?

Everyone in the tournament will be on the same type of computer. It will not be their own.

Reactions: Ashzification

sageface55

Jul 29, 2019
HEY! sorry I'm late, I only just found the post about this, but I will be at PAX as well for Friday and Saturday... I'm not sure if ill be able to compete, but I would love to come by and check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.