Over the river and through the woods...

GrammieFi

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. Introduction topic, huh? I guess I can tell you a bit about me. I got started playing Minecraft in early December 2011 because my granddaughter loves the game and I wanted to have it on my computer when she comes to visit. Her daddy told me how and where to find it (not that it was at all hard) so I downloaded it while they were there for Thanksgiving dinner.

It looked fun, but I held out for a couple weeks before I paid for a copy. That was it for me. I played just vanilla for about a month, then started looking for ways I could learn more about what was in the game, which lead me to the forums and the discovery of mods.

I've never been a modpack sort of person. It just seemed better to read the instructions and install my own. That gave me more control over what was in there. Plus, I didn't have to wait on the modpack for updates. Also, I'm not really a Multi-player person, so having a game compatible with other people's games wasn't a priority. However, one of the other forum people got me hooked on direwolf20's let's play videos. The idea of having the mods' compatibilities worked out by the mod authors themselves is very intriguing. Occasionally I have issues getting everything to play nicely together. I'm not that much of a computer person. All that would be solved by the FTB pack.

As for more personal information, I've enjoyed many different games over the years, on many platforms. I'm not what would be considered a hard core gamers. In reality, I'm pretty casual about how I play. I do prefer games that have a lot of ability to play whatever way appeals to me, rather than games with a linear focus. Sandbox games are just a great fit for me. I'm a hobby artist, in watercolors and some digital media. I've done some spriting. Most of what I've done is very different from the sprites that minecraft uses, but I enjoy learning new artforms, so I'm taking a crack at it. Eventually I hope to have a texture pack made that I can be satisfied with. Adding support for the mods I use would be part of that.