Ore density question

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all,

Is there some sort of cheatsheet somewhere that gives a breakdown of ore density?

Ideally I would like to find out the following:

Ore density by biome
Ideal Y-level per ore

So basically

Swamp:
Copper - y level 50-60
Iron - y level any
Diamond - y level 16 and below

repeat for each biome

Something along that idea. I know that the minecraft wiki has that for vanilla, but I haven't been able to find it for FTB. And yes, it may be different for each pack, I realize that.

If this is on the wiki (whichever one that may be, because I know of at least two and I don't think either are official) then I couldn't find it.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I have been wondering something similar.....I really hope someone can answer this or give a comprehensive breakdown that applies as best it can.

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. I was hoping I wasn't the only one. I've seen mentions here and there about, "oh, you find emeralds mostly in (whatever) biome" but I've never seen a complete break down of what can be found where and at what height. This would be very useful.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
It has been done before but I'm not sure what the thread was called. Try the forum search with a couple different keywords.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
It has been done before but I'm not sure what the thread was called. Try the forum search with a couple different keywords.
I searched and couldn't find any threads that came even close to listing this information. I did find one that gave average ores per chunk , that didn't really yield any information though. I searched using both the forum search and google....since the forum won't accept the word ore in the search (it is to short)......

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
That's the only one there is? I was sure there was something that had a nice excel sheet going with stuff taken right from the code.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
That info is slightly out of date apatite if you are running forestry 2.0.0.X which I believe a few packs are, spawns above sea level (64) in exposed stone in very very large veins.