Opis: large discrepancy between Total tick and Tick Time

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
mpQtKFe.png

The "Total" tick as indicated by the summation of world tick + TileEntities + entities is at 10.827 ms in the screen above. The tick time, however, is 38.264 ms? Where does this discrepancy arrive? Going through each bit of the server timing, nothing sticks out at me as adding the extra 28 ms of tick time. How is Tick Time calculated, exactly? Opis documentation says it is a real time snapshot of the tick over the past 20 ticks.

Windows 8.1 64-bit
i5-4670k stock
r9 280x stock
16 GB RAM

Allocated 5GB to server. This is an established server with a lot of machines running and chunks loaded, currently nobody is online. Here's what I'm looking at on the server right now, constant "can't keep up" warnings:

aTE30tv.png

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
this is a very commune thing with many reasons behind it main thing is minecraft server time to server computer/host time not syncing up right.... Google is your friend in this matter

Phaz

Jul 29, 2019
Did you have any luck figuring this out? I have the same problem. /cofh tps shows 27 ms & 20 tps, but there is obvious block lag.

My Opis control panel shows 14.6 ms under the "update time" total, but the "tick time' is 120 ms. There's nothing obvious in anything on the server timing tab that looks like a cause, and I get the same messages in the server about not keeping up (CPU usage is 100%).

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
I guess this is the cause. Looks like the server is only really utilizing CPU 1 and maxing that one out.

qCgR6p8.png