Openblocks/Proj Zulu graves

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know if anyone else has posted this before, if so I apologize, but so far I've found no definite answer:
I am playing with both said mods, I have disabled the OpenBlocks config option for generating graves when a player dies, AND set the block ID to 0. However, once I open MC, that ID (along with all other OpenBlock IDs I've set to 0) all get reset.
I want to use Project Zulus new GameRules/DropEvents because I like them alot and they're very customizable, however upon doing so, the OpenBlocks grave AND the PZ graves BOTH generate EVERY time I die. I don't need and certainly don't want 2 gravestones for every death, very unsure of where my items even are usually, and almost certain some disappear at times somehow. Does anyone know of a soltuion ? What would happen with Minetweaker involved ?

This is *tolerable* on SSP, but going back to our private server with the update would more than likely make a few people annoyed with me, however the new dungeons, potions, mobs and armors added by PZ are all eagerly awaited by my friends...
For those unfamiliar:
Project Zulu offers config options to have your items stay with you upon death with a variable % you can set and max count you can set of items that drop. As well as an OnDeath and OnDrop % of damage you can add to each event, options are seperate for Hotbar, Inventory and Armor. So for instance, you can have all of your items except armor drop, keep your armor, but it will take %25 damage, and also have a % chance of dropping and gaining an additional % of damage. OR Maybe you drop everything not in your hotbar with no damage to anything.Or maybe you keep your inventory but there's a chance 10 max items will drop and receive %10 damage Or maybe you drop everything and it goes into a grave with no damage. Etc etc etc [spoiler/]

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
I was hoping someone else knew. I have Idfixminus, however the .zip itself is no longer in my mods folder anymore, now I set new ids manually when I add mods. It would appear I'm not the only having this problem with open blocks though, although from what's can tell, it was supposed to be fixed. I know very little about java code, but perhaps when project Zulu calls on the drop event, open blocks thinks it needs to generate the graves as well ? And even better, since I have mine & blade: battle gear 2; the weapon hot bar causes open blocks to drop 2 graves, so I end up with 3 graves every death ! Lol. It's madness I say. It's nice to have these extra hot bar items saved, but I REALLY want pz's death options because they're really cool and fully customizable...

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
I have OpenBlocks graves disabled on a server which uses Gravestone (mod with adventure content and also includes a player grave). We only get GS graves, not OB.

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
I have OpenBlocks graves disabled on a server which uses Gravestone (mod with adventure content and also includes a player grave). We only get GS graves, not OB.
I actually have the Gravestones mod in the pack I am talking about, or did, until i added PZ. IF you're speaking of the same one, with sword graves, catacombs, pet graves, zombie/skeleton cats/dogs. I loved that mod and never had any OpenBLocks graves generate with it installed. However, the second I traded it for project zulu, OpenBlocks grave started popping up in 2s at every death...

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
We disabled the OB ones in favor of the Gravestone graves. Same one, and much more reliable for grave creation. It's a bit odd though, sometimes it'll make the grave in midair or a small air pocket.

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
We disabled the OB ones in favor of the Gravestone graves. Same one, and much more reliable for grave creation. It's a bit odd though, sometimes it'll make the grave in midair or a small air pocket.
As did I, until I discovered Proj Zulu's options. I find them much more interesting and customizable, see spoiler from my op above. I suppose one can't be too picky when it comes to modded minecraft right ?
Or actually, is that whats its all about really ? Saying "This is cool, but WAIT ! THAT would be even COOLER !" I remember getting simple mods like Rei's minimap working first, thinkin "wow minecraft needed that, now its perfect". Then I added recipe book...then another...anohter. THEN I dicthed Better Than Wolves for Forge mods. THEN came mod-PACKS. Small 10-15 mod packs thrown together by some no name 12 yr old. THEN AMCO ! 150 + mods ? Thats ridiculous. WHO would ever need all that I thought. ME. Thats who. Now I've moved on to new launchers and having multiple packs, each turning minecraft into 14 very VERY different experiences, more if i wantwd...then there's the maps, the servers, textures etc etc etc. It can ALWAYS have more right ? Always be better...?

I have 240 mods atm in my SSP world. lol...So why CAN"T I have the exact grave/death experience that I want right ? I'm sure our server will rejoice as well if i can get it working on there too