OOOH! A new staple for the Builder...

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
So My friend brought to my attention of a lovely new mod in the WIP section... However after playing with it for a bit I've found this mods block, it's claim to fame, it's pride and joy to be absolutely brilliant and an awnser to sooooooooo many challenges to building.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2546260-164-charlottes-utilities-v031-layout-blocks-and-more/

I give to you, Charlotte's utilities. And the lovely and captivating Layout block. This one block alone is just stunningly smart and balances itself out well. It's merely a block for planning and constructing large structures quickly and easily. You can construct a structure from these blocks first and then replace them by clicking on them with the block of choice. Differing colors will keep the blocks seprate allong for intricate building aswell.

You can place multiple blocks at a time to by right clicking with the same layout block. You can also build off a single point by aiming at a certain portion of the block face aswell, building out left, or right, up, and down. You can build forward or shift rightclick with empty hand to retract from any direction. All these blocks will also instantly find themselves in your inventory upon removal aswell.

It acts as scaffolding too, you can climb up and down easily, And when you're flying you can place it mid air! These blocks are simply amazing and stunning!

8Tr03HH.png

HeaGnTG.png

For the actual function of these in the video, skip to :42 seconds in. Mass block replacing at 2:eek:o in.

Last edited:

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Basically yes. But more importantly, it also allows for quicker building for large scale. It also seems to work with the builders wand. Soooooo you can set up the parameters quick, and easy, whip out the wand, and then you can fill out the wall.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like it'd be great for things like Obsidian that are hard to break, but I see little difference between using these and just placing down the real blocks to begin with unless you have no flight.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like it'd be great for things like Obsidian that are hard to break, but I see little difference between using these and just placing down the real blocks to begin with.
It mass places blocks essentially. Watch her videos explaining them. It's a bit older and shes expanded upon them. Essentially, instead of placing them block by block, right click by block, instantly replaces connecting blocks of the same color. So all those blue blocks you see in the photo takes one click with a glass block, bam every connected blue layout block is switched out for a plank block, and those layout blocks are returned to your inventory to continue building with.

One of my biggest issues with modded minecraft is keeping the inspiration for the build once I have the materials. However with this you can cheaply, and easily layout your structures, even get a bit more ahead laying out patterns. And they work like ladders, so you can climb them as you build. She also plans to add a "paint" tool to make pre made shapes. I've been playign with this mod for a bit, adding each update, and they just keep getting better and better..

EDIT: I added her video for a better explination, and a better representation of how they work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flipz

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
I like the sound of this a lot, it seems like it'd be perfect for the way I build. :)

LukeWUK

Jul 29, 2019
Im always indecisive of the pattern and the style... at least this way i can consider the style as i build... and then think about the pattern <3

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
So V5 came out today... and it introduced two new items to the game... And one of these are something I've been waiting for, for a looooooooooooong time..(in a good way)
For quick and easy large scale building!​