Only one of each ore

Uber1234emil

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to only have one of each type of ore if i have a lot of difrent types of copper for example

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
As plasma said; You are gonna have to do you homework and figure out what mods are adding the duplicate ores and disable all but the ore you want generated.
I am not sure if there's a mod out that can do this automatically.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
If you already have a bunch of different (for the sake of example) Copper Ores, then there are a few ways to unify them into one kind. The Unifer from MFR, Auto-Dictionary Converter from Mariculture and JABBA Barrels are all capable of this.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Go into the directory folder for your modpack then open the config folder.
If you're having trouble finding your modpack's directory, you should be able to, if I recall, use the "Open Folder" button on your chosen instance in the FTB Launcher
If you have WAILA installed, you can figure out what mods are generating the different copper variations and then it's just a case of tweaking the config file (.cfg) of those mods to disable that ore generation.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
In the game in nei assuming you have it just search for copper and take note of all the mod names that add copper or and look for their specific configs. At the end of the day, any mod that adds ore that can't be adjusted/turned off shouldn't be used :p.

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so what you do is Google 42.zip download that and extract it.... Wait no don't do that, that will make your computer ever so slightly blow up. What you do is your go into the configs folder found in your .minecraft folder. Next what you do is find all the mod that generate copper and all of the other redundant ores. Disable them all, only leaving one ore from the mod of your choice to generate. For example, Disable Forestry and Thermal Expansion copper or tin, only leaving Mekanism copper and tin to spawn.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
As above, plus a loot control mod for dungeon chests.

Aside from Gregtech, I don't know any ways to auto-unify- so you'll always get a desired ingot type regardless of process (by example the smeltery will cast thermal expansion ingots, the SAG mill/rockcrusher will makes pulverised metals)
-unless you do it the hard way and Minetweak every recipe.