Windows .exe Only 5 chunks load

Darkmethos

Jul 29, 2019
Operating System, bit type: Windows 7 (64 bit)
Java version/update, bit type: 1.6.0_25 (64 bit)
Launcher version: 1.3.5
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): Y
Console log, pastebin.com link: http://pastebin.com/eLrGQDcn
Description of the problem: After a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) while playing, I restarted my computer, then reloaded FTB, and relaunched my world. Once the game loaded, I saw that:
  • Only 5 chunks load (beyond that there is no void, the other chunks just are not there)
  • All physics are broken
  • Items such as pressure plates and levers no longer work
  • Broken blocks do not drop an item
  • I can not change settings in NEI
Picture of world:
38N7e4c.png
More PC specs just in case:
CPU: AMD FX - 8350 Eight Core (Stock Clock: 4 GHz)
GPU: AMD HD Radeon 7870
RAM: 8GB DDR3

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Back up your world before doing anything else. It may be mostly broken, but that's better than gone.

Go into your world's save folder, and rename level.dat to level.old (or whatever you want). Then copy your level.dat_old, and rename the copy level.dat. See if that lets you recover your world.

I've lost worlds like that to BSODs before, so I know it sucks and sometimes there's not much you can do, so here's hoping.

Darkmethos

Jul 29, 2019
Here is am image for reference
sr85oRy.png

I can fly around in the world and everything is there. The only errors in the log (bottom right of image) I see, are with the MystCraft ages. I believe that is because MCEdit has difficulties with MystCraft, however I am not positive on that.

EDIT: I have also tried to use the region recovery option. It gets rid of all the red errors in the log, but does not solve the issue of the chunks and other problems.

Last edited: