Odd problem with ME system powered with geothermal generator?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KaoticSoulz

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so the way I power my ME system is a dedicated nether pump (chunk loaded) hooked up to a ender tank that is directly next to a geothermal generator, which in turn is next to the ME Controller (Or whatever it's called. Can't be bothered to check) (Ender tank is on output mode).

The problem I'm getting is that most of the time, this works just fine, but randomly it just stops working for a short amount of time, no amount of destroying the three things fixing it. This seems to only happen when I go to the deep dark and back, never the nether or my mystcraft ages. Right now I have a creative energy cell hooked up to it until I can solve the problem, or get another means of powering it that's more efficient, but it's driving me nuts.

Anyone have a clue what could be causing it?

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
My main guess is that since the geothermal generator only outputs 20 EU/tick, is that your ME network requires more than that per tick to operate, which would result in the occasional outages. Try another geothermal generator to see if that fixes the problems, but right click the controller to see who the EU/tick rate is. It may not be on EU/tick by default, but cycle to it until it is.

Lemme know if this helps.

Mahex

Jul 29, 2019
I would try hooking up some kind of energy storage between the geothermal and me controller. It sounds to me as if the geothermal is not recognising the me controller as a valid output when you jump back from the deep dark. If this does not help, try putting a single cable between the geothermal and me controller. Is your geothermal/me controller chunk loaded? If not, chunk loading it might help with issues from jumping between dimensions.

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
The geothermal has a small internal storage. Make sure it's 100% full all the time.
If not, your energy drain is too hight for one generator.
If you open your ME controller, you can see the needed power in AE units.
To get needed EU divide / 2
To get needed MJ divide / 5
To get needed RF divide / 50 (I believe)

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
The geothermal has a small internal storage. Make sure it's 100% full all the time.
If not, your energy drain is too hight for one generator.
If you open your ME controller, you can see the needed power in AE units.
To get needed EU divide / 2
To get needed MJ divide / 5
To get needed RF divide / 50 (I believe)
or click the button in the top left and cycle through the energy readings

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
it happens when you try to move a stack of items at a time but the energy is insufficient. Everything jam. Give more energy or set the import to 1 item at a time.

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
You need bigger power storage, and you have a few options to that. MFE, MFSU or even Energy cell from AE mod itself might be cheapest choice. Linking energy cell to ME network increase its capacity by roughly 400k RF, and i don't remember EU conversion rates.

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
As stated Geothermals only output at 20 eu/tick. 20 eu/tick is 40 ae units. That can power most small AE networks just fine but if you have a MAC or a lot of other stuff hooked up, 40ae units/tick wont be sufficient. Espically if your moving lots of items as those are burst AE ticks.

Recommend hooking up additional geo's and hooking up a storage of some kind (batbox, CESU, MFE, or MFSU).