Odd Means of Self-Sufficient EU Generation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking for "outside the box" means of self sufficient EU generation. Something different from the usual ethanol tree farm, or solar panels, or water mills, or wind mills, or lava from the nether. I am looking for stuff like a zombie/pigmen farm centrifuging the rotten flesh for methane for a gas turbine. Or a blaze killer for generators. Don't give me a mob farm to recyclers to scrap to generators. I want original material.

GREGTECH STUFF IS OK!

Now that I mentioned that... lol... Maybe a build for oil fabricator to fuel steam?? Havn't tested that... One more thing. No bee stuff. That is cheap and dirty. Jaded, don't give me crap lol

Finally. Feel free to post videos, screenshots and give all your ideas no matter how stupid they are. Thanks.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
I use melon and pumpkin seeds to make MFR biofuel. a half of a chunk for each on ic2 chops. I don't even take the time to breed good ones, I just use base ones. Easily runs 4 boilers. (1.4.7 anyway) It also makes too many seeds.

IMarv

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
I use melon and pumpkin seeds to make MFR biofuel. a half of a chunk for each on ic2 chops. I don't even take the time to breed good ones, I just use base ones. Easily runs 4 boilers. (1.4.7 anyway) It also makes too many seeds.

IMarv
That's good for seed oil thoug, right?

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
since when mob farms are out of the box solutions? :confused:

the only unmentioned thing i can think of, would be IC2 nuclear reactors. assuming their, rather not so good performance, i`d say they are pretty much odd source of power.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Peat can be made infinitely if you have a source of infinite sand, such as a pulverizer supplied by igneous extruder(s). It can also be farmed without the forestry multi-farm using turtles or, if you don't have turtles, pistons, a timer, and some block breakers. (MFR would probably be best, though I suppose you could use the transition plane from AE if you have a crapton of quartz)

I have a guide to making it with pistons in my history of threads made somewhere. It's rather old, but the concept hasn't changed.

EDIT: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/alternative-automation-for-wheat-peat-etc.10154/

Just realized that this design relies on deployers, so maybe it's not possible to do in most modpacks...

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
For which modpack?
1.5 custom so just say everything[DOUBLEPOST=1375602414][/DOUBLEPOST]
since when mob farms are out of the box solutions? :confused:

the only unmentioned thing i can think of, would be IC2 nuclear reactors. assuming their, rather not so good performance, i`d say they are pretty much odd source of power.
Mobs are usually dropped inside of a box, are they not? Lol

Reactions: JasonZZ

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Now that I mentioned that... lol... Maybe a build for oil fabricator to fuel steam?? Havn't tested that... One more thing. No bee stuff. That is cheap and dirty. Jaded, don't give me crap lol.
[DOUBLEPOST=1375602854][/DOUBLEPOST]
Automate bees to create honey combs which get centrifuged. Send the honey drops to a squeezer to get liquid honey and pipe that into Biogas Engines that output into a Power Converter.

Your base is now Bee Powered.
Read the post merge excerpt above

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
A project I'm working on in my LP is self sufficiency via sugar.
Sugarcane to sugar to sugar charcoal to sugar coke. All you need is a farm and some coke ovens.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Sugarcane to sugar to sugar charcoal to sugar coke. All you need is a farm and some coke ovens.
Just noticed I had 13,000 cactus. I am doing the same thing. But for the creosote

Reactions: Jess887cp

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering what about bees are "cheap and dirty. Jaded"?
I ran my EU things off of a few nuclear reactors.
For weird you could go with GT's Magic energy converter using an enderman farm for the pearls and a blaze farm for the blaze powder combine them into an ender eye to turn into EU.

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering what about bees are "cheap and dirty. Jaded"?
I ran my EU things off of a few nuclear reactors.
For weird you could go with GT's Magic energy converter using an enderman farm for the pearls and a blaze farm for the blaze powder combine them into an ender eye to turn into EU.
Jaded refers to JadedCat. It is cheap and dirty because it is too... Cheap. Free oil from bees. C'mon

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
assuming its miserable output its indeed weird way for generating power

Jaded refers to JadedCat. It is cheap and dirty because it is too... Cheap. Free oil from bees. C'mon

oil is mostly free, you just need to find it...

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
I can understand this.
What you need to remember though is how much time and effort it takes to make bees OP.
Not only do you need to get the bees you need to get all of the other traits from the other bees to make them live longer, produce things faster, work day/night and in the rain.
Next you need an alveary with at least a few frame housings. If you really want to make them truly OP you can make an automated frame maker to feed the alveary.

Just my two cents, sure they can be OP but its not before you put in your own share of the work.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
I can understand this.
What you need to remember though is how much time and effort it takes to make bees OP.
Not only do you need to get the bees you need to get all of the other traits from the other bees to make them live longer, produce things faster, work day/night and in the rain.
Next you need an alveary with at least a few frame housings. If you really want to make them truly OP you can make an automated frame maker to feed the alveary.

Just my two cents, sure they can be OP but its not before you put in your own share of the work.
You don't have to get the "best" traits from other bees. They only make your setup more compact because without perfecting the bees you can just add more bees and alvearies and get the same output.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

Saice has an amazing design for this using Cactus. The amazing thing is that Cacti self-harvest if you grow them correctly, so he uses that and water conveyors to make the entire system 0 power. He ends up using Extra Utilities pipes, but he doesn't have to.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have to get the "best" traits from other bees. They only make your setup more compact because without perfecting the bees you can just add more bees and alvearies and get the same output.
You don't have to but your just exchanging one expense for another. Alvearys take a bit of mats to make and the traits take a bit of time to get.