Whitelist Server Ocelot Inc. | Mindcrack pack | Whitelist | Hard | 18+

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Elertai

Jul 29, 2019
1WlXq.png
Server IP is play.ocelotinc.net

Ocelot Inc. is a recently opened server that is hosted in the UK. We are using the Mindcrack pack with GregTech on hard mode. The server is set to hard as well. We hope this balance out the gameplay in the long run.

The server is built around the community. We want each members' input on the rules, potential changes and so on. This server isn't run on tyranny.
We hope that new members will participate on the TeamSpeak server –we don’t bite!

We aim to have as flawless a server as possible. Many of our rules focus on reducing potential lag. The server has 20 player slots, but we may or may not allow that many online. All depends on how the server handles it. We want it to be fun to play on this server, and nothing is worse than lag.

We use ocelotinc.net for offline communication, suggestions, anouncements and discussions.

Application is closed.

Rules
  1. Every member must be 18 years or above. If you don’t act your age, we reserve any right to ban you.
  2. Since the server is community-based, we reserve the right to ban you if we don’t deem you active enough. This includes both playing on the server and being active on our TeamSpeak.
  3. Anything that would harm the server, its members or reputation will result in a ban. This also includes stealing from players on the pencil server.
  4. PvP is enabled and is allowed as long as it’s fun for both parts.
  5. Exploiting bugs, duplicating, x-raying or anything alike will result in a ban. Ask an admin or mod if you have doubts.
  6. The server’s official language will be English. We do however understand that not everyone will have it as first language.
  7. Respect decisions made by moderators and admins. Don’t get mad over decisions they make; they help the server in their spare time without any payment.
  8. All chunloaders are enabled, but please use with consideration. Chunkloader is limited to 2 per player, all others are unlimited. Ask a moderator or admin if you are in doubt.
Additional rules if you plan to make a let's play
  • You are free to make videoes, but you need permission from the base owner before showing off others' bases or projects.
  • We have a dedicated channel on TeamSpeak. While recording you have to go there. Others can join you freely or as you invite.
  • Make a post on our subreddit. This way people know that you are making a let's play and you might even get a few extra viewers
Due to bugs we've had to disable the following:
  • Redpower, Manager
  • Steve's Cart, Chunk loader
  • Miscperipherals, Chunk loader module
  • Chicken Chunks, Spot loader
  • RailCraft, World Anchor
  • RailCraft, Anchor Cart
  • RailCraft, Anchor Sentinel
Application form
Ingame name:
(Optional) Minecraft forum user name:
(Optional) Do you have a microphone and are you willing to join our TeamSpeak server and have fun?:
Why do you want to join the server?:
What is your favourite aspect of the game?:
(Optional) Do you have any previous builds you’ve made, that you want to show off (link or short description)?:
What word in the rules stood out to you?:

If you get accepted onto the server, you will recieve a welcome mail which will include our TeamSpeak3 server IP and password.

The current whitelist:
Syranita
Elertai
Bean_Eire
BjarkeBS
Zenzar84
Xitrion
Ultie
Dooke1
Brokeashell
Salander27
Periphera_
Minethulhu
Vendorbelly
Ascer
AlbertLooper
TonyHig
i_Lokarn_I
hunterkane6
Hitmanbob
Vioki
Mrfroop
Virezz
seifer_auron
Eiktyrner
Vyxarra

Plebbian

Jul 29, 2019
Ingame name: Salander27
(Optional) Minecraft forum user name: Plebbian
(Optional) Do you have a microphone and are you willing to join our TeamSpeak server and have fun?: I do and am willing to join the server. Kind of wary on the whole having fun part though :p
Why do you want to join the server?: It looks like a fun server and I'd like to play around with some of the stuff that gregtech has added, been playing direwolf20 pack since it came out thus far.
What is your favourite aspect of the game?: My favorite aspect of the game is playing around with other players and helping people who aren't familiar with some of the mods and learning new things myself. Modwise I'd have to go with Thermal Expansion and Red Power 2.
(Optional) Do you have any previous builds you’ve made, that you want to show off (link or short description)?: In my last server a month ago I built a t5 blaze spawner powering a couple of 36hp boilers that I used to make kind of a communal power net, where people would put empty red energy cells into a ender chest and I would recharge it with my power net. This time around I'd like to play around with forestry and maybe get some oil bees to play with. Those guys look cool :)
What word in the rules stood out to you?: none, because listening to kittens sounds completely sane to me.

WinceMC

Jul 29, 2019
Ingame name: WinceMC
(Optional) Minecraft forum user name: WinceMC
(Optional) Do you have a microphone and are you willing to join our TeamSpeak server and have fun?: Yes
Why do you want to join the server?: Want a nice community in which to further learn the mods and have lots fun with nice people
What is your favourite aspect of the game?: Automating everything
(Optional) Do you have any previous builds you’ve made, that you want to show off (link or short description)?:A while ago made a fully redstone powered bomberman multiplayer based on disco's bomberman. Haven't had time for big builds for a while but looking forward to trying some more.
What word in the rules stood out to you?: Cant be under 18 :p

Note: I live on the west coast of North America, may have lag issues

danny75

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick question before i apply. Rule 8 states that players are allowed only 2 chunkloaders, yet many of them are disabled. Can you tell me which chunkloaders are currently available? (except quarry)

Elertai

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick question before i apply. Rule 8 states that players are allowed only 2 chunkloaders, yet many of them are disabled. Can you tell me which chunkloaders are currently available? (except quarry)
You may have two Chunkloaders (from ChickenChunks) and as many Personal Anchors (from RailCraft) as you'd like :) We have disabled the rest, because the server runs more smoothly with only these.

danny75

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for your prompt response. My application:

IGN: Periphera_
Timezone: London

My MC Forum name is the same as my IGN, but i don't usually post on there.

Yes, I do have a mic and use TS3/Skype. I would prefer to play on an active community-based server, where people communicate.....or we might as well all play ssp.

I'd like to join because you hit a chord when you mentioned that it wasn't a tyranny. I feel servers flourish when there's trust between players, which in turn is conducive to a successful community.

Favourite part of the game: I prefer the technical challenge, and have been enjoying gregtech (not a popular sentiment). But i always aim to try and combine all mods into my build.

The word that stood out: community - it's the driving force of any successful server. i want to join a server that is pro-active in instilling this idea.

(re-reading my post, i feel i over-said 'community'...so feel free to replace it with the word 'kitten')

iananderson

Jul 29, 2019
Ingame name: iananderson
Timezone: Arizona (It's currently the same as mountain time zone)
(Optional) Minecraft forum user name: iananderson
(Optional) Do you have a microphone and are you willing to join our TeamSpeak server and have fun?: I unfortunately do not have a mic.
Why do you want to join the server?: I am really interested in trying Gregtech. I am familiar with all the mods except it and it look interesting but I really don't like playing SSP as I would rather have other people around.
What is your favourite aspect of the game?: Of the modpack? I like Redpower the most. Of Minecraft? I like the exploration aspect.
What word in the rules stood out to you?: Kitten. I will obey the kitten overlords.

pelvix

Jul 29, 2019
Ingame name: rimweasel
Timezone: GMT+1
(Optional) Minecraft forum user name:
(Optional) Do you have a microphone and are you willing to join our TeamSpeak server and have fun?: If there isn't too much screaming.
Why do you want to join the server?: What point is there in building something which no one else will ever see? Also, seeing what other people create often inspires my own projects and in turn keeps the game interesting.
What is your favourite aspect of the game?: Hands down, the technological aspect of the modpack.
(Optional) Do you have any previous builds you’ve made, that you want to show off (link or short description)?:
What word in the rules stood out to you?: It's technically not in the rules but, "hard mode". I like a little challenge and the game is easy enough as it is, otherwise one might as well play creative mode.

Iluvgotes

Jul 29, 2019
Ingame name: Iluvgotes
Timezone: EST
(Optional) Minecraft forum user name: Iluvgotes
(Optional) Do you have a microphone and are you willing to join our TeamSpeak server and have fun?: Yes
Why do you want to join the server?: Adult Community
What is your favourite aspect of the game?: Fun and imagination.
What word in the rules stood out to you?:Community

Ashen92

Jul 29, 2019
Ingame name: Ashen92
Timezone: EST
(Optional) Minecraft forum user name: none
(Optional) Do you have a microphone and are you willing to join our TeamSpeak server and have fun?: Yes. My mic is currently at home, but I will get it back in about 3 days.
Why do you want to join the server?: I like how this server is focused on community and having fun as a group.
What is your favourite aspect of the game?: Thaumcraft golems. They are so cute and awesome!
(Optional) Do you have any previous builds you’ve made, that you want to show off (link or short description)?: If I had pictures, I would post them. I use marble and basalt a lot, so that'll give you an idea :D
What word in the rules stood out to you?: Community. Love the show, love the word.

Thanks for the opportunity,
Ashen92

Minethulhu

Jul 29, 2019
Ingame name: Minethulhu
Timezone: US Pacific (PST8PDT)
Minecraft forum user name: Minethulhu
Do you have a microphone and are you willing to join our TeamSpeak server and have fun?: Yes, although may not be able to join often due to sleeping wife/kid.
Why do you want to join the server?: Like the info about y'all not being tyrrants and adapting to what the community wants. Also like that all is on hard mode with relatively few items banned.
What is your favourite aspect of the game?: Building - both aesthetic builds and technical shizzle wizzle.
Do you have any previous builds you’ve made, that you want to show off (link or short description)?: Currently looks a bit different than this, but...
What word in the rules stood out to you?: To be honest, kittens. Made me laugh...and as stated above, I will obey my kitten overlords (as long as they stay off the furniture).

Vendorbelly

Jul 29, 2019
Ingame name: Vendorbelly
Timezone: GMT
(Optional) Minecraft forum user name: Vendorbelly
(Optional) Do you have a microphone and are you willing to join our TeamSpeak server and have fun?: Absolutely. Looking for a place to become part of the furniture!
Why do you want to join the server?: I want a mature group of people to chat with and somewhere I can build ambitious things without threat of younger players destroying/distracting from the process. I've had friends on other servers, with whom I had a large age group gap, and they would usually get bored within minutes and turn to frustrating others while they were trying to play the game. Damn those people!
What is your favourite aspect of the game?: The uniqueness of the landscapes. You can get things that bear similarities to the world around us and landscapes beyond your wildest imaginations. I love the creativity of this game. I wouldn't have played it for 3 years on the trot if not!

What word in the rules stood out to you?: Kittens. They're pretty special.

Also, can I just say: that build is fantastic Minethulhu!

Riddance

Jul 29, 2019
Ingame name: Riddance
Timezone: GMT 0
(Optional) Minecraft forum user name: Riddance again i think i don't use it much
(Optional) Do you have a microphone and are you willing to join our TeamSpeak server and have fun?: Yeah i love talking and being part of a team
Why do you want to join the server?: Because i@m looking for a good server to play on and I'm hoping this is the one
What is your favourite aspect of the game?: Building and Team play also Nukes :p
(Optional) Do you have any previous builds you’ve made, that you want to show off (link or short description)?: i have a few good ones but i don't really take SS
What word in the rules stood out to you?: harmful and ban :D

PS, thank you for reading my app and i hope to see you in game soon :D

chowcow2000

Jul 29, 2019
Ingame name: chowcow2000
Timezone: Central Time

Here is another one because he doesnt have an account:

Ingame name: TrColeNTraining
Timezone: Central Time[DOUBLEPOST=1358558660][/DOUBLEPOST]We both want to join because our old server crashed and got hacked.

I like Twilight Forest, while TrColeNTraining likes Thaumcraft[DOUBLEPOST=1358558742][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry for the 3 seperate posts, but we appreciate the no non-adults rule A LOT.

magnetica

Jul 29, 2019
Ingame name: magnetica
Timezone: GMT+0 (London / Lisbon)
Minecraft forum user name: magnetica3

Do you have a microphone and are you willing to join our TeamSpeak server and have fun?: Not currently but a nice gaming headset is my next upgrade.

Why do you want to join the server?: I've been looking for a mature FTB server and this server ticks all the boxes. I want a server where people interact, get along and are generally civil. A server not ruled by donor ranks (though I have no problem donating), full caps every other sentence and general spam.

What is your favourite aspect of the game?: C'mon, errrr, The Nether, No Lol. If I'm honest I'd have to say building, mainly building things that are large and resemble real life objects.

Do you have any previous builds you’ve made, that you want to show off (link or short description)?: When I played Tekkit I made the Nuclear Silo from C&C and I also made a giant Pokeball using the force field set to a radius of 25 as a template for the sphere. No screenshots unfortunately :(

What word in the rules stood out to you?: Over 18 and Community