Nyan cat in Mindcrack modpack?!?!!!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Artemyst

Jul 29, 2019
Its like the minceraft easter egg. At the main screen of the mindcrack modpack it was replaced by a big nyan cat thing. Anyone want to tell me any more info like the chances of this happening? Has anyone else had this happen?

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
If it happens on mine, I will delete that pack. That thing is goddamn stupid... More so than a My lil pony...

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
It's one of the voxelbox mods that displays this picture. It doesn't happen if you use the FTB launcher because it's set to suppress it, but if you use another launcher then it will show.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
It's one of the voxelbox mods that displays this picture. It doesn't happen if you use the FTB launcher because it's set to suppress it, but if you use another launcher then it will show.
Well, I started the MindCrack pack always via the FTB launcher and got the nyan cat once today. This suppression doesn't seem to be reliable.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Wait... you mean the voxel team set it up as a form of DRM?

DRM? Nah. It's just something like a splash screen for the mod, like "hey look I have successfully loaded". FTB has it disabled simply because it's annoying :p

Unsure why MilConDoin gets it anyway, though. Never happened to me, and through my testing of various config settings I've started the client very very very many times...

Codex

Jul 29, 2019
This topic has been brought up multiple times recently. I would advise checking the search option.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
the-herd.png

GeneralSpazesSpy

Jul 29, 2019
The file can be found in /Users/*YourName*/Library/Application Support/FTBBETAA/MindCrack/minecraft/mods/VoxelModPack, called "nyan.ogg". Sorry PC users, I'm on a Mac but if you find the FTBBETAA folder it's easy.

Carmeops

Jul 29, 2019
just got the nyancat after disconnecting from a server, mindcrack pack using the launcher, surprised the crap outta me

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
just got the nyancat after disconnecting from a server, mindcrack pack using the launcher, surprised the crap outta me

Thank's for sharing. Can you confirm that it was exactly the same as what everyone else has seen? Inquiring minds want to know!
Seriously, no one cares in the slightest.