"not save-game compatible"

Jordor

Jul 29, 2019
Hey FTB community, haven't you got tired of configs getting changed and worlds being not compatible?

I do! and, because i am not very aware of all the stuff you can use, my worlds go to trash.

Previously i asked about this, more or less. here is the question:
Is there any way of adapting the world's blocks to a new config file instead of adapting the configs to existing worlds?

I tried MCEdit but i got pretty lost, and the program does not recognise new blocks apart from vanilla ones. Nor mystcraft dimensions. I mean, something like editing the blocks ID so they mach the new ones and doesn't cause crashes.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it's possible, without editing the item ID for every single modded block in your world.

And that can only go well, with how compatible MCEdit is with foreign blocks.

Your best bet is to just edit the configs so they match the world.

Jordor

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it's possible, without editing the item ID for every single modded block in your world.

And that can only go well, with how compatible MCEdit is with foreign blocks.

Your best bet is to just edit the configs so they match the world.

of course but when it's impossible, because vanilla minecraft has tanken some IDs ?

changing every single block is... well, can you actually do that? i mean, is there any program that can just select all the blocks IDs X and convert them to ID Y?

DrHexatron

Jul 29, 2019
of course but when it's impossible, because vanilla minecraft has tanken some IDs ?

changing every single block is... well, can you actually do that? i mean, is there any program that can just select all the blocks IDs X and convert them to ID Y?

MCedit. ctrl+a, find and replace. type in the id into the search box and it should say future block. select it and hit replace.