Nobody gets the joke? Post it here!

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Another "just for fun" thread, since I can't be the only one whose sense of humour often goes over the heads of the people I play with.

If you've done something funny and you're not getting the attention you so clearly deserve, post it here and let us chuckle on your behalf.

I'll get it started:

I'm trying to cross-breed a bunch of balsa trees right now; not the easiest task since they're tall and don't exactly have a lot of leaves, so I have a rather large number planted at the moment.

On a whim, I put up two signs that I highly suspect nobody is going to understand:

PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH
BALSA FOR KON-TIKI

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I am! Not many of my friends have a literary education ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
i_hug_that_feel.png
All joking aside, I do know what you mean.

Back to the hokey jokey:
What would we do if Reika, master of science and realism, was suddenly attacked and slain by an elemental drake?
Barium.

#isTotallyNotANerdBTW

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I'll put up a sign on my next apple farm saying:
"Touch the apples of Ydun to become a giant baby"

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
This one isn't as hard to get, but I place it on the outside wall of every house I make to live in.
Code:
10 Home
20 Sweet
30 Goto 10

Next time I make a home I may write something along the lines of this.
Code:
while True:
n = raw_input("Bless this Mess)
if n.strip() == 'Cleaning time':
break

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Hehehe, I love Basic jokes. Although you'd technically end out with an output of HOME SWEET HOME SWEET HOME SWEET HOME SWEET so on and so forth.

My personal favourite - I had to pause and show my father, who taught me basic - was the robot church in Futurama (which I believe was also responsible for the first joke) which had a plaque reading
10 sin
20 goto hell

.... And now this is amusing me to no end: http://www.peelified.com/Futurama-Forum-3/Topic-4947-0-sin_go_to_hell.html

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
while True:
break
I know very little about programming (dunno-what-that-lang-is-bad), but does it count the letters in "Bless this mess" and compare them to "Cleaning time"?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I know very little about programming (dunno-what-that-lang-is-bad), but does it count the letters in "Bless this mess" and compare them to "Cleaning time"?
It's a while loop. Raw_input is printed on the screen, in essence, and if one typed in "Cleaning time", the while loop breaks. Thus, as long as the house is a mess, it's a blessed home.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
This one isn't as hard to get, but I place it on the outside wall of every house I make to live in.

Code:
while True:
break

I'm no coding god but aren't strings supposed to be fully enclosed by quote marks?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I'm no coding god but aren't strings supposed to be fully enclosed by quote marks?
Yeah, but it looks like ass on a sign in Minecraft. And it's not universally true. It's more often then not just good practice.