New Twist... Competetive Minecraft?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
It's not really "new" - remember the "Hunger Games", I think they called it? Multiple players join a game, a button is pressed and they are released from their cages (LOL) and off they all go... they had to build their way up to some goal as quickly as possible, and the first one to achieve that goal wins the game. I never played it, so apologies if any of this is incorrect, but I did hear about it and always wanted to try it.

So yes, bottom line is, "competitive" Minecraft is definitely something I would like to try and wish some mod-maker would come up with something good in this regard.

Edit: I read the article and I will just say... if money is ever involved in "competitions", I would not participate. Life isn't about money, at least for me it isn't. Money ruins the fun, it doesn't add to it. Root of all evil, and all that jazz...

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
This is surely very old news? Not the specific server, but the thing in general?

Fairly sure I've seen Martyn Littlewood play numerous minecraft games (such as Quakecraft) on Hypixel's servers, which are all set up with lobbies and various nice features, and are paid for (I believe) - though the paid for bit may be VIP access, or boosters, would have to check.

The only thing with those (apart from the money) was large numbers of people wanting to play, so maybe difficulty getting on? But its already in place, this is another fish in the water - nothing novel about it! Fair play to them if they are looking to get into it, but they've got a fairly high bar to live up to from what I can tell.