Open Server NEW PvP, RPG, Survival Style Server Looking for STAFF to create world!

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Clavep

Jul 29, 2019
Good Evening Fellow Minecrafters!

Why am I here?

I'm currently in the process of starting a very "Experimental" and unique server with the sole intention to turn it into a Minecraft community wide gem. However, the world still needs to be built and crafted, so thats why I am here!

Some Mods/Plugins that the server is currently running...
+ The latest version of Mindcrack (and its entirety mod wise)
+ World Guard
+ World Edit
+ Essentials
+ iConomy
+ PermissionsEx

These are just a few that are currently running, but the list will continue to grow based upon compatibility and availability.

Who am I Looking for?
As of right now I'm looking for a solid development team, preferably around 10 people. As tasks become larger and the demand for help increases I will be recruiting on a consistent basis to help manage the anticipated flow of players, projects, and events. When all is said and done, I foresee the server housing at least 150+ players plus the additional staff to upkeep it all. If this project is as successful as I imagine, I see the user base growing up to at least 250 - 300 loyal players.

I am looking for, but not limited to, dedicated...
+ Moderators who are respectful, have past experience and know how to maintain community.
+ Creative and Articulate Builders who specialize in building large, captivating, and interesting towns, structures and cities.
+ Writers and Storytellers who are interested in creating a rich, lucrative story line that will engage the user base and fuel our community.
+ Mod Enthusiasts who have a thorough understanding of both server side and client side mods/plugins.

Some Prerequisites.
+ You must be at least 18+ or older (Exceptions will be made based upon your display of maturity)
+ Have Ventrilo and are able to communicate
+ You should be task oriented, but have a creatively driven mind
+ You should be able to have fun, because after all that is what all of this is about

Your dedication and apparent interest in the project will most likely grant you rewards and higher management positions as the project progresses.

All in all, I am looking for fun, creative individuals who would like to make a positive impact on the Minecraft Community.

I understand my post can be a little vague at points, but I will reveal more details once we've become acquainted.
Please post if your interested, I look forward to hearing from all of you!

If you would like you can hop onto our Ventrilo Server to learn more about the project in detail :)
IP: Texas2.MaxFrag.net
Port: 3857

Thanks again, Everyone. I eagerly await your replies!

Clavep

Jul 29, 2019
Id like to add a point in consideration to the builders...

Since Mindcrack is running on the server, It will provide unlimited possibilities in regards to buildings very advanced cities, machines, and structures!

Just wanted to add that point :)

jycool

Jul 29, 2019
I'm intrested in this but I would like to know a few things first.
  • How do you plan on getting lots of people on when we/you publicly release it?
  • Do you have a server that will be able to hold everything you want to do on it? I would like some reassurance than just yes on this on.
  • What kind of story do you want? Or by experimental do you mean something else?
  • How big is what you want to make going to be?
I can understand if you don't want to answer all the questions but I'm just asking for a bit of clarity here. Also, I'm 16 but I would like to join in this idea of yours.

Clavep

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you jycool for your interest!

To answer some of your questions...
  • How do you plan on getting lots of people on when we/you publicly release it?
I do professional Web Design & Web Development for a living so naturally I will be making an interactive website to both maintain the community but also promote it. With that it would only seem right to pursue a PR campaign to get the world out like any other server. This would include, but is not limited to, digital advertisements, forums posts, promotional videos etc. Given the rarity of the situation, I'm confident a lot of people will be interested. I am looking to form a community that is rich in quality and behavior, not just an abundance of people per say.
  • Do you have a server that will be able to hold everything you want to do on it? I would like some reassurance than just yes on this on.
As of right now, the server is in development and will then be moved onto a testing phase where we will accurately be able to measure the stress of the environment. If the server needs to be updated to insure the success of the project it will be on an immediate basis, that I assure you.
  • What kind of story do you want? Or by experimental do you mean something else?
As for story line, its still in development, but I would like to keep my ideas and the direction to a back channel conversation if your interested.
  • How big is what you want to make going to be?
As big as the server can handle while maintaining smooth game play. As big as the community will allow it to grow through participation. As big as the ambitions that fuel the project as a whole.

Spencefoz

Jul 29, 2019
@Rez - I personally think that this server has some amazing potential. What a lot of the MindCrack servers lack is the ability to have admin and world controls on a more complex level than just the vanilla MindCrack commands.

If you think this is "naive" then you obviously need to take a look at what and why you are posting. You took the time to post something meaningless in someone's thread who is trying to do something positive for the community. You sir, should just take your leave.. Whatever your motivations were behind your post, leave them where they are and get over it.

@Clave - I look forward to seeing how the server progresses. I am interested in the server; however, I have no time to actually dedicate to it.. Good luck sir!

Rezenith

Jul 29, 2019
What's naive is the player count of "150+ players plus the additional staff to upkeep it all. If this project is as successful as I imagine, I see the user base growing up to at least 250 - 300 loyal players.".

1. That might possibly mean you want 100 concurrent users online at any one time, which very few servers have achieved.
2. Server cost and architecture demands a dedicated server of E5, perhaps a RAMDisk world, etc with costs ranging from $300-$600 from a rough guestimate per month.
3. You are making a "MMORPG" server, it's been tried and done before. If it's anything worth it salts, take the upcoming "DungeonRealms.net" expect development of at least 1 year.

@Spencefoz, you sir need to take YOUR leave. Talking about 'more complex level' than vanilla Mindcrack, do you know what it involves. The accessibility of Bukkit isn't there. What's available is a unstable BukkitForge with 90% of the plugins not working on it out of the box. A few servers have their own programmers creating forked versions. IF let's say he has the dedication to invest 1 year of his time in creating the environment, world and systems, what plans he has had prepared would have become obsolete by then as Feed the Beast and BukkitForge would also have progressed.

It's no wonder your server has only 6 people on it.

Spencefoz

Jul 29, 2019
Sure - I understand what you're saying with all of that. But it doesn't change the fact that you should not tell someone what he "cannot" do when he is trying to achieve it. I'm sure he knows these things, and will work towards it. People know that servers don't start overnight and neither did mine!

I could care less if I had 20 people or 5. We have a great group of guys who play together and enjoy ourselves - I don't want 50 people good sir! So that is completely irrelevant to me. Let's take this conversation off of this board if we are going to continue it. But telling him that there is no way he can achieve something is not your place to do so. He may set out for 150+ and it end up being only 50 or so. What's wrong with that? He has a vision and he is going for it!

There is no "right or wrong", just what you may deem as impossible versus a vision and someone who wants to get things done!

xefilis

Jul 29, 2019
ya im down for building on this. I have experience in building from voxelbox and im just looking for a place to use that experience beyond the limits of default minecraft.

Clavep

Jul 29, 2019
@Rezenith

All I can say is that people like you "are good for business" :) Thank you![DOUBLEPOST=1359923603][/DOUBLEPOST]As for the people who are interested, please hop on our vent and we'll see if your skill matches the chemistry of our team! Thanks again for the interest!

Clavep

Jul 29, 2019
So yesterday was a very successful day.

I'm happy to say our team is starting to grow and we have about 7 great guys helping out with the server and the world is starting to materialize!
Website production will start very soon, which is something to look forward to. I will post more news as things progress.

As of right now, we're still looking for about a 5 more people so if your interested, please let me know!

Josh Minton

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not that bad at weaving a wonderful, interactive story environment for video games. But, what kind of story are you looking for on this server?

Waarlod

Jul 29, 2019
I run the GPOK Hardcore PvP/Realism server. I am interested in adding RPG elements to our server. If you are interested in collaborating please drop by our Ventrilo. The info is on my post which can be found by clicking my signature.

karl kirkingburg

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I'm a little newer to the mods but I would like to ad my creativity to this project. Are you still looking to add members? I'm 17 soon to be 18 and have been playing minecraft for nearly a year. Coming up with new ideas and such is what I enjoy doing the most.

Mrblackmagic199

Jul 29, 2019
Hey There

I don't know if this is still being considered but i would love to come and help out on this server with being a moderator and a partial building and mod enthusiast position. i have had server experience with building spawns, Managing a server when the owner was away, and helping people in need (i am reasonably new to the FTB series but i like to think that i know enough from studying the wiki (No life :p)).

I hope that you could consider me for any of these jobs you can email me at [email protected] and if you want my skype user name just ask (i don't what others to know it (bad experience lol)).

Mrblackmagic199

Jul 29, 2019
Well.... I can help soo much with magical towns dungeons summoning areas away from the machines and tech from the main cities i am a complete thaumaturge and magic maniac.
I love thaumcraft so much and all other magic mods i can add so much stuff into ur server. Maybe a Thaumaturge Academy?

totalkiller459

Jul 29, 2019
If a position is still open, I can do any of the four jobs open, I am decent with the mods, had my own server at one time, have the ability to write a storyline, and I can build well.