New Pack I Would Like To See

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Creeper Be Creepin

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I would like it if the FTB Team would create a mudpack with only two mods, NEI and Forge.
This would be a very nice pack addition to the Feed The Beast launcher as it will give players the opportunities to use the easy mod pack editing within the launcher to either create their very own mod pack to play on or test mod's that they would like to test out.

Reactions: the_j485 and Saice

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I would like it if the FTB Team would create a mudpack with only two mods, NEI and Forge.
This would be a very nice pack addition to the Feed The Beast launcher as it will give players the opportunities to use the easy mod pack editing within the launcher to either create their very own mod pack to play on or test mod's that they would like to test out.

This would be difficult as Minecraft versions exist. They would make a 1.5.2 version, and everyone would flip out over how it isn't 1.4.6, etc. This is most likely not to happen. Just use MultiMC, or if that doesn't work, do what I do, have a folder for just different .minecraft folders. I have a Vanilla, Pixelmon, LP Pack Season 1, Aether 2, TekTastik (custom pack by a friend), and TrinityCraft (custom pack by a pretty cool streamer).

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
That's actually a really new idea!
A mUdpack?
Cool!
How do you put NEI and forge there?

Creeper Be Creepin

Jul 29, 2019
That's actually a really new idea!
A mUdpack?
Cool!
How do you put NEI and forge there?
Well I was thinking it would already be a modpack within the launcher and you can just add on to it with the edit modpack option. Within the modpack NEI and Forge would be in there already. There could be 1.4.6 modpack and a 1.5.2 modpack.

zbeeblebrox

Jul 29, 2019
multimc, use that instead.
Basically this. It loads the correct version of Forge for you with only a few clicks, and makes trying new mods dead simple.
Granted, if FTB made a "testing pack" for doing this, it would be convenient, but it isn't necessary.

Choc: the problem with that is you still have to fiddle with configs. The idea here is trying out new mods out of the box, with no fiddling.