New moderators?

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
So vauthil's leaving, meaning that flipz is going to be the only mod left, assuming Eunomiac is a mistake on the list, as he was last here in march.
I'm guessing there's already some plans to hire some new mods, so that we aren't left with literally one moderator for too long, so are we going to bevseeing anything like a nominations thread soon? There are definitely multiple people who could fit the bill.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
FORUM MODERATORS

Just a heads up: we’ll be accepting applications for forum moderator positions within the coming days. As Feed The Beast continues to grow in popularity and scale, we are looking for additional talented, dedicated individuals to help manage our online community.

Reactions: Padfoote

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
assuming Eunomiac is a mistake on the list, as he was last here in march.

He's not a mistake, This just shows that current/past moderators are too busy with real life so we can't sit on here and moderate the forums.. I'm sure if we got paid for doing so it wouldn't be such a problem due too most of the time spent off the forums is probably due to making money.

There are definitely multiple people who could fit the bill.

Yes FTB is looking for new moderators. However doing it through an application form is the wrong way around getting new moderators. Most (not all) who will fill in that application will just want the power that comes with being a moderator.

They should look around the forums to see who fits the roll and ask them personal rather than opening it up to everyone.
(This is how all past moderators were picked and nothing went wrong)

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a specific place where moderator applications are supposed to be directed to?
When it's known how they want to handle it, I assume there'll be a news update, per the linked post. I put in my notice three weeks ago but agreed to stay on until they had a solid plan for what they wanted to do with this, largely to avoid the "oh my god there's only one moderator left" gap (that's not true anyway, a number of other team members have been actively handling the Reports during the current period). My reasoning on this (beyond simply noting that I only originally planned & agreed to do this for 18 months and have overstepped that mark now) is the wall of text linked in my signature.

(I'm not involved in the process by my own request, so I don't know the specifics beyond the news post you all see just as well as I can.)

Reactions: Padfoote