New Mod idea

chadlupkes

Jul 29, 2019
I just had an idea for a mod that I'd like to put out there. Right now there are a few that combine paper or scrolls to create a book, like TC3. I'd love to see someone take that functionality and apply it to maps.

You create some maps of the area surrounding your home base, and when you have at least 4 you combine them with a book in a crafting table and get a Book of Maps. Each map is on a page, and each page shows your location in relation to that map. The book can hold up to 32 pages, and you add maps by merging them with the Book of Maps in a crafting table after creating it in a new area.

Thoughts? Mod development is WAY over my head, but ideas like this are what make the modder community grow and get better every day.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, they are a pain to actually use, because you tend to have multiple times the same chuncks, or at least a good part in common, when you don't flat out create multiple maps with the same center point...

maylith

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps an item frame thing but bigger to hold a large map and be able to display it on a wall of one's abode....

Server side, perhaps a way to display in-game players on the map as well instead of just the map owner....of course the players would have to be in range of the map....