New Ars Magica (1.2) mechanics

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone been playing with the newer versions of Ars Magica (1.2 versions)? I've been trying, and after realizing that making a light nexus is quite a bit more difficult (especially when moonstone isn't falling from the skies), I figured I'd go ahead and try to work with a neutral nexus/obelisk since it can burn vinteum instead of just the liquid magic goop.

Anyway, I have got an essence refiner within 10 blocks of the obelisk, and it's stopped burning vinteum (which I assume/hope to mean that it is full), and the essence refiner keeps flashing red to indicate it doesn't have sufficient energy to work.

Has anyone managed to get this to work? I'm sure I'm missing something terribly obvious, but even so, I'm still missing it.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I've not really had a look, but the older versions had some sort of deficit mechanic that came into play when transferring energy. Not sure if that comes into it. I assume you have double-checked that the recipe for the essence is correct.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. The recipe appears to be correct. Also, when it wasn't, the outer ring didn't flash.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I've noticed with 1.2 is that machines aren't automagically connected to the power source. Have you tried using the crystal wrench to link the obelisk to the refiner?