New and Improved! 5x5x5 Applied Energistics Controller (Pic Heavy)

Tejo22

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, so a couple of you asked for a better version, and i kinda asked myself to do it, of the 5x5x5 Applied energistics controller (link to it) -> http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/5x5x5-applied-energistics-controller.57952/ .

I * think* I've done it!

It has about a third of the controllers, still more than you will EVER need (unless your Soaryn), and has Working auto crafting! Doesn't look as good, i admit, but still has an awesome look, and is working well.
This time it's survival ready, with no RF P2P tunnels, and it even has an ME P2P coming out the back, ready to mass connect. With a pattern Terminal, an Interface terminal and accessible ME Drives, you never need to break it open. Certus Quartz covers make it look pretty. Also has a cell workbench on top now, and with more Power Storage(hidden inside). Also comes equipped with a Quantum Link On The Bottom! Anyway, enough talking, lets get to the Pics!

cQmhw9k.png

VMyanYh.png

MqBf2Tr.png

YknicAX.png

5d0TIXu.png

MFp1ygg.png

Please Tell me what you think, I am thinking of making specialized crafting modules (e.g. Certus Quartz, Automated processors, thaumic stuff etc.).
Thanks, hope you enjoy

Last edited:

Tejo22

Jul 29, 2019
Aaaaaaaand the First add on has been created!, all of the add-ons are going to be 5x5x5 and be creatable in survival.
The first one i decided to make was a simplified version of Dire's newest Thaumcraft automation (as of 26/3/15), the auto alchemy crucible thingamabob. this connects to the system via 1 smart cable, and has an easily accessible menu, including a named chest for use by the interface terminal (see above).
unfortunately it, like dire's can only hold 3 recipes because of lack of sides for mnemonic matrix-es.
w0VAqV2.png

wbppWeI.png

GreekAnalyzer

Jul 29, 2019
Would you mind making a tutorial on how to build this? I think many people would love to build this in survival.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, a layer-by-layer process would be much appreciated. :)

Infinity players like me would also probably be interested in seeing a version that accommodates all the Thaumic Energistics toys as well. ;)

Reactions: GreekAnalyzer

Tejo22

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I am currently making a video of the tutorial, however my Mic wont connect to my PC, which is annoying to say the least. FYI I am using a different recorder... Overwolf as a matter of fact. Tell me if there are any other good free ones, and maybe get Overwolf! (I recommend it), not for the recording, but for the functionality and it works on *most* steam games, so go definitely check it out. Also, will attempt to make a thaumic energistics one as well, as soon as i get around to getting infinity.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I am currently making a video of the tutorial, however my Mic wont connect to my PC, which is annoying to say the least. FYI I am using a different recorder... Overwolf as a matter of fact. Tell me if there are any other good free ones, and maybe get Overwolf! (I recommend it), not for the recording, but for the functionality and it works on *most* steam games, so go definitely check it out. Also, will attempt to make a thaumic energistics one as well, as soon as i get around to getting infinity.

I'd actually recommend you use two different programs to record the video/game audio and the commentary; it should make it a lot easier to mute certain things on one track without having to mute the other. ;) For my most recent test videos, I used NVIDIA ShadowPlay for game video and audio while using Audacity for the commentary.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I'd actually recommend you use two different programs to record the video/game audio and the commentary; it should make it a lot easier to mute certain things on one track without having to mute the other. ;) For my most recent test videos, I used NVIDIA ShadowPlay for game video and audio while using Audacity for the commentary.
How do you synchronize them?

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
The game audio and video are already synched, and in my tests I've just picked a particularly strong reaction I had to something and synched the commentary to that moment; generally, though, you can get away with slightly de-synched commentary a lot more than with de-synched game audio. ;)

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Or just say "click click click" while clicking around in the main menu before starting and sync on that

Reactions: Flipz

Tejo22

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, bad news, the video isn't coming - my internet isn't stable enough to upload, Really sorry!

Tejo22

Jul 29, 2019
will do then, before i broke it up i took photos of every layer, just in case i forgot how to build it during the video :p so they'll come soon

Tejo22

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, found the photos and here they are! this is in order, with a tooltip beneath each photo with any special things you need to watch out for! anyway, Enjoy! PLEASE NOTE THE SIDE OF THE TRAVEL ANCHOR IN EACH PHOTO!!!
DcdOrE2.png

Pretty Simple here, just a Quantum Link Gate surrounded with controllers.
9Vvlszk.png

Careful here, the interfaces are microblocks sitting on cables, NOTE THE DENSE CABLE, and covers are just for looks.
gaJ8Dfn.png

On each side of the molecular assemblers there are microblock Interfaces, ALSO NOTE THE QUARTZ FIBRE!!!
And make the red cable any colour you want the terminals to be. NOTE ALSO THE ME P2P AT THE LEFT OF
THE SCREEN!(its hard to see).
AimGJTv.png

Note on top of the Molecular assemblers there are microblock interfaces!
xemHlxU.png

The order of machines is(1 being top left, 9 being bottom right): 1.Interface, 2.energy cell, 3.inscriber, 4.security station, 5.main power conduit(make it a powerful one), 6.Ender IO, 7.Cell workbench, 8.wireless charger and 9.Matter Condenser.

Between the corners there are disk drives, refer to main photos, also there is a conduit coming out of the
interface, THIS IS THE MAIN ITEM INPUT! Replace the creative cell with a power conduit of sorts THIS IS
THE MAIN POWER INPUT, MAKE SURE TO REPLACE THE CELL. Other than that there you go!

Hope you guys liked(and can follow)The instructions! Am doing a botania addon now, there is going to be a runic altar one, and a mana generation one, AND a pure daisy one!, please tell me for other botania related modules
Please comment any other addons you would like! Anyway See you guys next time!

Last edited: