Nerfing the Nerfs!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing with the new modpacks recently and I am noticing a ton of nerfs which I'm uncertain if they are true nerfs or if they happen to be intended and the more I play the more I realize it is intended. Which ones have you guys noticed that seemed to have nerfed for the worse?

No rage type rants, just honest to goodness issues as it only serves to frustrate instead of balance. I for one saw the modular power suits 50/1 power ratio from EU as a silly way of making someone waste time when they should be out exploring or mining or doing whatever else they wish to do instead of staring at a charging bar.. Same goes for some of the upgrades/attachments to the suit.. it seemed like before it was too weak and now it's just right upgrades wise but they seem underpowered.. one very solid example is the Axe upgrade, at max it just underwhelms compared to a normal axe it's really underpowered even with the slider to max.. another that comes to mind is the aqua affinity.

Hopefully this didn't come off as a rant but it's just not feeling like those mods are fun to integrate any more..

What do you guys think of the recent changes to the mods in the modpacks? feel they are just right or find yourself carrying tons of bags with tons of different tools around?

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
1. Charge it with MJ using an Energetic Infuser instead.

2. That's what

struct Tinkers : AwesomeMod, ForgeMod, FTBMod
{

};

is for

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
The TE Sawmill got nerfed to only produce 4 planks instead of 6 recently. Thus making it totally worthless.

Sent from boobs (because why not?)

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
Nerfs? Let's see...

• BC fillers no longer drop items (well, they do, but they despawn so quickly...)
  • BC Builder flat-out doesn't work. (Some may say not a nerf, but it has the same effect)
  • IC2 nuclear reactor changes (at this point it's cheaper and easier to just use geothermal generators)
  • IC2 tools no longer accept enchantments (Some may say this was a bug, but it's still a nerf)
  • EE3. Just.... EE3.
  • Forestry in general. (Biogas engines and milk, new-style farms (isn't forestry supposed to be about renewable resources?), etc.)
  • Railcraft cart linking
  • Soul shards
Some of these may be deserved. That being said, they're all nerfs.

Reactions: immibis

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Nerfs? Let's see...

• BC fillers no longer drop items (well, they do, but they despawn so quickly...)
  • BC Builder flat-out doesn't work. (Some may say not a nerf, but it has the same effect)
  • IC2 nuclear reactor changes (at this point it's cheaper and easier to just use geothermal generators)
  • IC2 tools no longer accept enchantments (Some may say this was a bug, but it's still a nerf)
  • EE3. Just.... EE3.
  • Forestry in general. (Biogas engines and milk, new-style farms (isn't forestry supposed to be about renewable resources?), etc.)
  • Railcraft cart linking
  • Soul shards
I could argue that the reason reactors are so expensive is because the FTB team have decreed that we must use Thermal expansions ore generation, which has hardly any copper and tin compared to IC2 (which is ridiculous considering most other mods barely use them, TE included).

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
Nerfs? Let's see...

• EE3. Just.... EE3.
  • Railcraft cart linking
  • Soul shards
bc filler dropping items can be turn back on in the configs

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
Nerfs all the way down! Because actually game design is too hard.

Also the newest Bee is nerf is a prime example of this. 80% of bees are now 'ignoble' and can randomly die. Because apparently bee breeding wasn't infuriatingly luck based before.

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Nerfs all the way down! Because actually game design is too hard.

Also the newest Bee is nerf is a prime example of this. 80% of bees are now 'ignoble' and can randomly die. Because apparently bee breeding wasn't infuriatingly luck based before.
Except for bees from swarmer hives, no bee is found already with the [-] that means they can die off... You have to do something such as...
-Getting the bee from a swarmer hive (Not new)
-Using too much in a mutator and raising the chances too high - usually one piece of uranium in one mutator is fine.
-Using too many frames, usually only possible in an alveary.
Basically, as long as you're patient and careful, it shouldn't be a problem.

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
Except for bees from swarmer hives, no bee is found already with the [-] that means they can die off... You have to do something such as...
-Getting the bee from a swarmer hive (Not new)
-Using too much in a mutator and raising the chances too high - usually one piece of uranium in one mutator is fine.
-Using too many frames, usually only possible in an alveary.
Basically, as long as you're patient and careful, it shouldn't be a problem.

The thing I mentioned is from the 1.6 version of Forestry. It's pretty stupid.

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
The thing I mentioned is from the 1.6 version of Forestry. It's pretty stupid.

Hmm, care to share? Although I must say, I'm not surprised. Forestry seems to be a mod, that in my eyes could be amazing, but his mod author just has a very different opinion on what fun is (see new farms, machines that constantly draw power, bees).

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Nerfs? Let's see...

• EE3. Just.... EE3.
  • Railcraft cart linking
  • Soul shards

Most of those are just you complaining. All of those things had exploits with the exception of ee3 and the builder. The builder just doesn't work in newer versions. No way to fix it, and many have tried. Ee3 is a new mod. This is how the creation of new mods works.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Nerfs? Let's see...

• EE3. Just.... EE3.
  • Railcraft cart linking
  • Soul shards

BC Fillers only briefly dropping items is to minimize lag, and prevent them from being superior to the already powerful Quarry.
BC Builder has unfortunately been severely bugged. Like server crashing and possibly world corrupting. They are even removing it from the creative menu.
EE3: I don't see any nerfs here. Could you be more specific?

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
BC Fillers only briefly dropping items is to minimize lag, and prevent them from being superior to the already powerful Quarry.
BC Builder has unfortunately been severely bugged. Like server crashing and possibly world corrupting. They are even removing it from the creative menu.
EE3: I don't see any nerfs here. Could you be more specific?
I think he's refereeing to the lack of not being able to get a diamond in five seconds and leo longer having a blaze did exploit.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
I think he's refereeing to the lack of not being able to get a diamond in five seconds and leo longer having a blaze did exploit.

I do forget that people don't understand it's a new mod, and also forgot the blaze rod to powder thing has been temporarily removed. I had made my own version that put that back in. Yay for open source!

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Most of those are just you complaining. All of those things had exploits with the exception of ee3 and the builder

Soul Shards: No idea what's an exploit here. You might argue the whole mod was an exploit, but that was intended. (and if you think that's the case, you shouldn't be using it). It could have had an optional hard mode like Portal Gun, though.
Forestry: I guess you're talking about milk in biogas engines?
Fillers: Since Buildcraft 3.7 they should have been partially un-nerfed. If a block could be harvested by hand, its drops will not despawn quickly.
Nuclear reactors: CASUCs are not an exploit. You set up a big, expensive machine and get extra efficiency as a bonus - no different from using a steam boiler.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
What's the reason for the nerfs to the powertool tho? or perhaps it was always underpowered but the omniwrench doesn't function like a normal one. I'm all for balance for server play and fun and all but when you're dealing with mods, go wild make it fun and not frustrating. The builder is an awesome concept and I think someone with a little more experience in Java could get it to work without breaking the worlds unless it's a minecraft coding issue

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
CASUC no longer exists, unless you mean condensators? They use a lot of lapis, though lapis bees and using AE to autocraft the frames makes it quite manageable. The alternative is CRCS, which has high startup costs, though is pretty amazing to see in action.

Also, geothermal spam wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the nether... Solar spam on the other hand, is and will always be a problem for balancing the various methods of eu production.