Neo Scavenger

Magicferret

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else has a go at this? It's a hex based survival game by a guy named Dan Fedor, who used to work for Bioware making AAA titles but has struck out on his own to make this indie game. You can find videos, screenshots and the demo here. The demo restricts the playing area but gives you a good idea of what the full game is like.

You wake up in a cryo facility in the middle of post-apocalyptic nowhere with nothing but your hospital gown. It's then up to you to work out what the hell is going on without getting yourself killed. It's massively unforgiving and very meticulous with the inventory management but it's somehow fun to spend the night quivering in the dark because you couldn't find a lighter or die of septic shock from washing your cuts with dirty water. Combat will likely lead you to death by some variety of internal bleeding unless you've got tooled up so you spend a lot of your time running for your life worrying about how to retrieve the stuff you had to abandon in a hurry. It's deliciously hard on you in an age where big titles often try to make their games more accessible, and in doing that remove most of the challenge.

It's still under development but is starting to take good shape now. There's still very little plot but there are a few basic encounters in the game as of recently. Anyway, if it sounds like your cup of tea give the demo a whirl!

HickDead

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I've tried one of the demo's a while ago, but it was not something I enjoy :) But, very unique!

Magicferret

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I'll admit it's not for everyone, even the developer himself has worried a bit about whether punters could put up with the harshness. I was a bit discouraged by inventory bugs and things at first which are thankfully sorted now, it makes the game seem much more professional than it did previously. I'm glad I stuck it out enough to buy it though, it's definitely got plenty of untapped potential to be had yet.

HickDead

Jul 29, 2019
Well I I saw on Desura that there where a couple off updates. Maybe I give it another chance these days :)