Need some inspiration to play FTB Singleplayer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

HyperCookieHD

Jul 29, 2019
Really need some inspiration to play FTB Singleplayer because every time i play i usually cheat in because i get bored after time could anyone tell me what i could do to give me some inspiration to play singleplayer FTB?

MCJinzha

Jul 29, 2019
What I often do is set up some mediium difficulty goals and always be working on one of them. My last ssp world I found a surface skelly spawner and I started with these goals:
-Make Skelly exp farm
-Get lvl30 enchantment table
-Find Nether Fortress

This kept it interesting for a long time for me. The ultimate goal would always be getting all the resources as automated as possible.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
I find turning off cheats helps. Whenever I let myself start cheating I don't stop and it ruins my will to play that save. You just need to decide what sort of long term goal you want. Do you want to create a giant factory that processes and stores everything automatically for you? Do you want a giant mansion made of diamond blocks? You just need a goal to work towards and figure out the shorter term goals to get to that stage. But it seems like cheating is your issue which is just a problem of not doing it.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
It helps to set up some extra rules for imersion as well.
I have a thing for not wanting to keep playing if i do anything that feels too cheap. like powering everything wit solar panels for instance. I tend to do all my builds around some kind of theme as well.
In my latest world i am trying for a steampunk feel, where i try to use railcraft and it's engines as far as possible. (I do use forestry farms and quarries still tho, but i plan to move the goods with rails once i have enough resources to build proper amounts of tracks. No interdimensional trickery either.

bigtwisty

Jul 29, 2019
You could also try playing hardcore mode and doing EVERYTHING in your power NEVER to die.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Hardcore is always fun. Except when dying to a Creeper on the first night. Just remember to never leave any dark spots anywhere inside your base...

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't want to cheat, you could set your config to lock you in the recipe mode of NEI. You would then need to logout to change it back, which helps curb the temptation.

Magicferret

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend going to the twilight forest pretty early, it's laden with resources which if you get early on you wont need to cheat in. My first large hollow hill netted me stacks of diamonds, iron and gold and took ages to light up and clear of mobs. For manual mining it was a lot of fun and gave me that slightly OP edge that you miss between starting a new world and getting yourself established. Without feeling too cheaty, cos I fought hard and died for those shiny things. :D

I'm mainly keeping myself going on singleplayer by learning all the new mods and features and testing their limits, knowledge that I'll put to use when our server starts up. Try the magic pack too, TC3 is amazing and a good singleplayer pastime. We all have lots to learn with that.

HyperCookieHD

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestions i have took these into consideration and i have adapted my ways without cheat mode :D

MCJinzha

Jul 29, 2019
Hardcore is always fun. Except when dying to a Creeper on the first night. Just remember to never leave any dark spots anywhere inside your base...
It's actually a lot worse to die to that creeper after setting up your Railcraft boiler and having filled Redstone Energy cells already! *yes, that happened to me :p*

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Really need some inspiration to play FTB Singleplayer because every time i play i usually cheat in because i get bored after time could anyone tell me what i could do to give me some inspiration to play singleplayer FTB?
Go watch a youtube video. The make a list of things you want to accomplish. Turn off allow cheats before playing. Every achievement you get that you made, have a cookie :)

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Lambert! Come refer this person to the other billion threads about lack of inagination please? ;)
i dont know how to play single player plz tell me!!??!!??
Excuse me, dear sir, how would you not know how to play singleplayer? It's the first option in the menu on MC. You click it, you create new world.
(I tried very hard not to blow my top on that one.)

Reactions: anderzell

anderzell

Jul 29, 2019
i have a xbox360 (Games minecraft,mw3,gta4,left4dead. i also have a headset if u have an xbox360 we can talk)

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
1314029819767.png

Status
Not open for further replies.