Need Normal Node for Node Bees?

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had luck breeding Node Bees? I have an Alveary set up with a 1000/1000 Pure Node located in the block right next to it (it's not inside the Alveary), along with a Mutator supplied with Nether Stars. I'm breeding Vis + Vis on nights with a Half Moon, and I've gone through about 12 Nether Stars without a single mutation. Since every other mutation has gone off on the first try (including Rejuvenating, on the Crescent Moon), I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Can anyone confirm that they've bred Node Bees next to a Pure node? Or does it have to be a Normal node?

Ecoi

Jul 29, 2019
I've had trouble with these node bees as well. I've tried with a ~1000 pure node with no luck. I then tried with a ~650 normal node with still no luck. (Of course on a half moon and with the alveary close to the node.) Just to make sure, I've tried every moon with still none even with 4 uranium or nether stars in mutators. I'd like to know if anyone is even getting them to breed at all.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, STILL no luck, this time with:

3x Mutators, EACH stocked with Nether Stars
16x Frame Housings, EACH stocked with Soul Frames
... for a total of 3x Nether Stars + 16x Soul Frames influencing each life cycle.

1000/1000 Pure Node located one block adjacent to the alveary. Half-dozen cycles on a night with a half moon, still not even a Node hybrid.

DeeGee

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same problem, seems like Node bees have changed to be bred from Pure + Flux bees... (at least on Ultimate 1.1.2)

Ecoi

Jul 29, 2019
^ I can confirm that. I just got a node/node princess and drone using that combination on the Direwolf20 package. Thank you.