need moar stairs!

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
Extra utilities, and Im sure a handful of other mods really need to have gravel road stairs. im sure that there are a handful of other blocks that need stairs, slabs, panels, covers, facades, etc. every placable solid block needs to have these extra parts. it's a serious setback without it. want a gravel road connectibg your buildings and going down your mineshaft? gotta do something else. want a nice house with wiring in the walls? that cuts down your building block materials in half, because you need panels and facades. i shouldnt have to add carpentry to a modpack to have all the decorative blocks I want. besides, with showing tooltips, carpentry blocks are annoying.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed. While Forge Microblocks has tons of cool and useful mini-blocks to make creative builds, the lack of a variety of stairs in most mod-packs is glaring.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, it's kind of hard to imagine how stairs made out of gravel would work, how does one take loose pebbles and make stairs from them? Same applies to dirt and sand. Yes yes, punching trees, diamond armour, cooking ores and fish in the same oven, just saiyan.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Ender IO Painter should take care of MOST of your stair block needs :p

My problem is I'm often running around my base with a wrench of some sort and Ender IO painted stuff is less...effective, appearance-wise, when in wrench-wielding mode.

In Team Fortress 2, my favorite class by far was/is the Engineer. Yes, I like running around whacking things with wrenches ;-)

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
hey, I never said anything about gravel stairs. i said gravel road. they are compressed gravel reinforced with stone brick slabs.

Ill have to look into this ender IO painter. I never heard about it.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Paint a block with the texture of a different block useful for stone stairs, log stairs, pretty much alot of things. MAY not work with gravel roads.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
hey, I never said anything about gravel stairs. i said gravel road. they are compressed gravel reinforced with stone brick slabs.

Ill have to look into this ender IO painter. I never heard about it.

Ah, see, when I hear gravel road I think of the gravel roads common to villages, not a block called gravel road.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Carpenter's Blocks mod allows for a stair "frame". Place the Carpenter stairs then right click the stair frames with ANY block and the stair will take on that appearance and texture. You can have stairs of any material at that point. I love that mod!

*ps. It's also works for slabs.

Last edited: