need help writing Mystcraft Oil Age please

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in Monster pack, I dunno what version of Mystcraft it is.

Here's what I did so far, it gave me ocean oil geysers however there's nothing below the water surface - there's no land, it's just all water down to bedrock. I don't see any oil below the surface, just water.

Here's my page order:

Linking Panel
Ocean Oil Fields Biome
Ocean Oil Fields Biome
Shore Biome
Large Biomes
Zenith Phase
Zero Length
Normal Sun
Normal Lighting
No Weather
Blue Color
Sky Color

I added Ocean Oil Fields biome twice because I read that would increase the area of that biome. I added Shore biome just so I'd have some land to stand on.

Am I doing anything terribly wrong here? Or is this kind of frustration normal for Mystcraft? Why didn't it put any land below the oceans? How can I get land there so the oil pockets will form properly?

Also, on one attempt, I got Ocean Oil Fields, except for some reason the entire ocean was frozen - obviously not ideal. How can I prevent frozen oceans, is that part of the instability thing?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I had a "Flat World" page at the very beginning of the book but I couldn't find any info on "world" pages in wikis and such, so I took it out cause I didn't know if it was required or not. Either the Mystcraft wiki page I was reading was not up to date, or I was reading out-of-date advice on forums (its easy to do obv).

Well if that page doesn't help me, I guess nothing will. :) Time to go do my homework.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I went from being pretty clueless about Mystcraft to being very well-versed in writing ages thanks to that Wiki page. :D Can't thank you enough for sending me there. With this new understanding, I've been able to organize all my Mystcraft pages by category into different notebooks stored in the writing desk. So now it's easy access to write books and try some things out. What a difference from earlier when I was struggling with it all and doing more googling than playing. LOL Thanks again Moasseman!!

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I like mystcraft a lot more after disabling instability and most everything else in the configs.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Single Biome
Ocean Oil
Normal World
Zero Length
Zenith
Normal Sun
Normal Moon
Normal Stars
No Weather
Bright Lighting
Whatever Colour
Grass
Whatever Colour
Water
Whatever Colour
Sky
Whatever Colour
Fog
Caves
Ravines
Dungeons

Should give you exactly what you want, have to add in everything if you don't want it to generate randomly... Feel free to leave out the colours if you don't care but keep terrain modifiers or random stuff will pop up

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Single Biome
Ocean Oil
Normal World
Zero Length
Zenith
Normal Sun
Normal Moon
Normal Stars
No Weather
Bright Lighting
Whatever Colour
Grass
Whatever Colour
Water
Whatever Colour
Sky
Whatever Colour
Fog
Caves
Ravines
Dungeons

Should give you exactly what you want, have to add in everything if you don't want it to generate randomly... Feel free to leave out the colours if you don't care but keep terrain modifiers or random stuff will pop up

Thanks, that's pretty much where I'm at, although I read somewhere that "Normal Moon" and "Normal Stars" is not necessary because you (like me) are using "Zero Length" for your sun... which means the moon and stars never appear, never come into play.

I did do all the colors like you have here, but I was very disappointed to find out that there's no possibility of an orange sky. That color, oddly, simply does not exist. :(

I didn't do the caves, ravines and dungeons because I don't need those things. All I need is oil, because I finally ran out of the GasCraft oil blocks down at bedrock. My early quarrying had revealed about 6 or 7 of em, and I used em all up finally. I got ripped off tho, I know the amount of oil in them is random, but the last three of em barely had any oil quantity in them, and I unexpectedly had to scramble to find oil - as good a time as any to finally figure this Mystcraft stuff out!

So I still haven't gotten a world I like, I think there's still some randomness to the whole procedure? I was getting some odd biomes that I didn't ask for, and I finally gave up for a while, took a break.

Thanks to all for the help tho, you guys are great, we all try to help each other out. ;)

Feel free to leave out the colours if you don't care but keep terrain modifiers or random stuff will pop up

Which ones are the "terrain modifiers"? Perhaps this is my problem? Is it the caves/ravines/dungeons pages? It obviously must be those ones... the ones I haven't been using. LOL Don't let anyone ever tell you the Mystcraft mod is "intuitive". :)

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
Link panel
desert oil field biome
single biome
zero length
zenith phase
normal sun
normal moon
normal stars
(can add a zero length between these but not necessary)
flat world
clear modifiers

This book set me up a world that was 50-50 sand and oil on the surface.

MIghtyBeholder82

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, Does anybody know where I can find help with a Mystcraft crash problem. I just started Mystcraft on my MAgic World 2 save, I linked to a age (my first and only) that a had visited before, spent time and, returned without, error or incident, the last time I link their using a linking book rather than the description book and it seemed to load fine, the usually poof of cloud and i could see the area but mt game aprubtly crashed. Now when I go to the single player screen to load my save it doesn't show up at all even though the savefile is still in the minecraft. saves file! What can I do? I can't seem to find a forum about mystcraft crash problems.

MIghtyBeholder82

Jul 29, 2019
how do i that? the console shutdown too and i don't know how to retrieve the crash reports (just tell me where the file for that is located an i can get to it, I'm a little computer illiterate but knowledgeable enough to need only minimal help)

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
FTB install location(normally will be My documents), modpack folder(IE direwolf20 etc) crash reports. might post it to the support forum though

MIghtyBeholder82

Jul 29, 2019
I believe this is it:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// You should try our sister game, Minceraft!

Time: 7/3/14 8:57 PM
Description: Ticking tile entity

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
at net.minecraft.world.biome.WorldChunkManager.func_76931_a(WorldChunkManager.java:194)
at net.minecraft.world.biome.WorldChunkManager.func_76933_b(WorldChunkManager.java:166)
at thaumcraft.common.tiles.TileEtherealBloom.func_70316_g(TileEtherealBloom.java:36)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2209)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:550)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:668)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

I would love to post it a support forum, not sure where to find on though :{

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I believe this is it:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// You should try our sister game, Minceraft!

Time: 7/3/14 8:57 PM
Description: Ticking tile entity

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
at net.minecraft.world.biome.WorldChunkManager.func_76931_a(WorldChunkManager.java:194)
at net.minecraft.world.biome.WorldChunkManager.func_76933_b(WorldChunkManager.java:166)
at thaumcraft.common.tiles.TileEtherealBloom.func_70316_g(TileEtherealBloom.java:36)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2209)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72939_s(WorldServer.java:550)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:668)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

I would love to post it a support forum, not sure where to find on though :{
Go to the forge.cfg in the config folder and set it to remove all erroring entities/tile entities instead of crashing. That should fix your problem. If it doesn't, paste your WHOLE crashlog to paste.ubuntu.com and put the link on the support site.

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
Go to the forge.cfg in the config folder and set it to remove all erroring entities/tile entities instead of crashing. That should fix your problem. If it doesn't, paste your WHOLE crashlog to paste.ubuntu.com and put the link on the support site.

by any chance( I don't intend on derailing this thread anymore) will this solve this "[WARNING] [IC2] EnergyNet.removeTileEntity: appeng.me.tile.TileController@68415680 (appeng.me.tile.TileController@68415680) wasn't found (added), skipping" as well?