Need help please.Electrical engines+Rolling machine

stormkitster

Jul 29, 2019
Someone told me to use electrical engines to power my rolling machine and other machines that need MJ? I cant seem to even get the Electrical engines to work.Could someone tell me how to use them and what powers them and well maybe some tips to power those types of machines because tbh I have never used them before and I need to make some mixed ignots for advance alloy. I pretty much stayed with solar and geothermal power in tekkit when I tried it so please any help at all would be great.

Magicferret

Jul 29, 2019
Electrical engines run on Industrialcraft power, you wire them up like a macerator or any other IC2 machine and provide a redstone signal to make the engine produce MJ. There's loads of other options for generating MJ though, look up 'engine' in NEI. You can use vanilla fuels like coal or logs in a stirling engine from Buildcraft, this is probably the easiest option. Just put your coal or whatever in the engine's inventory slot and provide a redstone signal.

More complicated but more powerful options include peat or biogas from Forestry, oil or fuel in combustion engines from Buildcraft, steam engines from Railcraft, lava in magmatic engines from Thermal Expansion and a host of others. You could even use four redstone engines which are very weak but require no fuel at all, just a redstone signal. Some of these like combustion engines require multiple liquids and can even blow up on you if you're not careful so make sure you've done your research if you use those!

Reactions: stormkitster

stormkitster

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys I'm still not really certain on what you just said but I will have another go at it and thanks again. It is really appreciated for the tips.