[Need Help] Adventure Map *Edited*

Would you be interested in joining this project and what type of map should it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mezomi

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everybody, it's Mezomi, and I've been thinking that there has been a lack of good maps for Feed the Beast. I think it is time for a change.
This map will be a a adventure map. I also have taken interest in some other projects that are also on the forums. I might do those instead. It will be on FTB Ultimate or the Direwolf20 pack. I will try my hardest to make this map stand out, however, I will defiantly need some help. I am terrible with computer-craft and redstone which will be key parts to this map. I'm also not the best builder in the world.
You could be thinking that you are terrible at all these things and that you'd never get accepted. Well the good thing is that I'm not too picky on who I select. Everyone can come up with great ideas and be somewhat of a help. Unless your new to Minecraft you can surely help. I would also like to know how you can help though so here is a application.

Minecraft Username:
Specialty (Builder, Programmer, Redstoner, All-Around,Helper,Technician,Newbie) :
Teamspeak?:
Timezone and Time Available:

Before I go into detail I'll need to know if anyone is interested in joining this project. If I get enough votes I'll be happy to set up a server, but, if anyone else wants to feel free.
Any advice is appreciated.

Anyway, I would really like to start up on this project, but, I need you're support There is not much else I can say, so, well, bye.

ChocolateCharlie

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like fun, but need to be honest, you should start out with a server and get some members who want's to join your project and have the same ideas as you, do some cool builds and landscaping with them..
By the end of the month you will find out if you have the skills to run a server and after that you will find out if you have what it takes to do your own adventure map in FTB style! ;)

How long have you been playing FTB and what pack have you been playing ?? The reason i'm asking is because there are a RPG Mappack called : DivineRPG.. :D Try it out !

And! even a 1.5.1 version of FTB ! But i don't think it's a adventure.. :p

Keep in mind! That i'm new to minecraft BUT have been runing my own server for 3 month time now :p I also had a dream of making my own map for FTB ultimate, but the thing is you can't call your map for a FTB map unless you have legal permissions from the ftb team them self.. especially if you are going to make a map from the bottom up.. Try reading this post i made, and you might understand.. ;)

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-hardcore-mode.19149/

mezomi

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing the Direwolf20 pack for months. Your right that FTB isn't a adventure, but it can be made into one. I was considering Divine RPG but all it does is add mobs and dimensions.

Anyway, I'm not looking make one of those Feed the Beast skyblock maps. I'm not sure that FTB makes all the people that make maps for it get permissions. Mojang doesn't do that so I assume that FTB doesn't either. If they did, I'm sure a mod would have said something by now.

As for the server, is there any specific video you could recommend? I've tried five or six times by now.

Well, thanks for the input! That was really helpful :).

ChocolateCharlie

Jul 29, 2019
Yes of course, see your point.. But the thing about Mojang is, that they do not have any permissions then Programmers or Modders wouldn't be able to make mods for minecraft, BUT it's still another ball game when referring to FTB, it's there own unique modpack/setup.. ;) Try looking at the guidelines on FTB server packs: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/guidelines-for-private-server-mod-packs.9598/ :D

About the server, what kind of video are you exactly looking for, how to setup a server?? It all depends on what kind of server you are looking at setting up.. There are no real way on setting up a server, still it all depends on what you want to do with your server.. so finding a video about server setup is hard But! check out "McMyAdmin" game panel on youtube or google for more info on there website.. it will tell about the basic.. A paid server host (recommended), or a server on your own computer (not recommended) OR! a dedicated server with banging speed lag free, (not cheap) that's a hard job and you have no support what so ever, (You-Are) support, operator, moderator, admin, etc.. ! :p No help at all, only at forums etc.. So I would recommend a hosted minecraft server.. I use fragnet.net but there are a lot hosts to choose from.. ;) - Enjoy!

Hope it helps your quest ! ;)

mezomi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not exactly making a mod pack or adding any mods in if that's what you were thinking. Usually, maps are fine as they don't make any modifications to the actual pack.

Wow, that site seems really nice. I'll probably try it out.

ChocolateCharlie

Jul 29, 2019
Ohh.. Okay I see, thought you where talking about FTB having a lack of maps and needed a new one.. sry.. :p

Maybe you should edit the topic and try to be more exact about your plans for the project, so no body gets confused again.. I like the idea of FTB having a BIG adventure map or maybe even a Quest map :D
Most adventure maps is pretty much straight forward, quest gives you a variety of choices to make instead of just going go for 1 goal.. to finish.. ;)

mezomi

Jul 29, 2019
The server is now running! It will be up at around 5:00 P.M eastern on Friday. If anyone else is willing to join, let me know. It will now be a PvP map. We are also using skype now.