Need blocks that look like dis.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah fuckers.

Enterprise%20Bridge_Star%20Trek%20into%20Darkness_01.jpg

enterprise-brewery2.jpg

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that is true.

I'm more looking for actual blocks I can around with. I'm thinking quartz/smokey quartz can give me the clean look. AE definitely fits the bill for the monitors, etc.

But, that's one block (I guess glass is obvious choice as well), so I'm looking for more.

Last edited by a moderator:

KerbecsDX

Jul 29, 2019
Possibly clear glass or something like that, along with a somewhat transparent block in front of it? (For the top picture).

Edit: But yeah, having a lot of new decorative blocks to play around with would be pretty cool.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it isn't necessarily about copying these images. I just want to identify blocks that fit the theme that corresponds to the Enterprise in the latest Star Trek film.

Then I can begin to design rooms that fit these theme, but is FTB appropriate. Building castles and shit isn't really fun for me, since there is nothing to engineer, aside from the building plan. Thus, reproducing the enterprise isn't really the goal here.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
So any suggestions? I would like a darker theme, similar to the big ass mother fucker that the admiral dude drove in the end, and then the other dude crashed into earth and fucked everything up.

So, probably iron blocks and stuff, but that is way late game, being able to afford shit like that... Carpenter blocks might be my best friend.

Quartz, glass, iron blocks, excessive use of AE. What other mother fuckers have you got in mind?

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Possibly clear glass or something like that, along with a somewhat transparent block in front of it? (For the top picture).

Edit: But yeah, having a lot of new decorative blocks to play around with would be pretty cool.
It would be pretty cool to have blocks that look like this but actually do things. Having Computercraft computers, crafting tables, etc that look like Science Fiction computer terminals would be pretty awesome.

As far as the micro-blocks go, how much control do you have over where you can place inside the block? I've never thought about it before, but could you make nooks and just fill in parts of the block to make it look really detailed?

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well AE would definitely be included. It's more to get the feel. The picture I posted just happened to be the bridge, but it could be a corridor, etc. I would like this clean, futuristic feel.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
This may be a bit of a surprise to some people, but RotaryCraft has a great Hologram Projector for simple signs.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
O_O. You devil.

Well, MFFS could achieve that to the same extent.

I actually was thinking about an FTB challenge PvP map, similar to run for the wool, but instead you are attacking a base filled with MFFS/autoturrets, using MFFS to rebuild destroyed shit and stuff. A lot of things would be warded via TC4, so simple objectives like getting to the one non-warded energy conduit, to cut off power to certain sections, etc.

Idea for the public realm ;D.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of things can be warded, assuming they aren't tile entities. Say, did you know that a Tile Entity is basically anything that has data beyond block texture? If your block has any of the following, it's likely a Tile Entity.
  • GUI
  • Inventory slots
  • Does things when given a redstone signal
  • Does things when on fire
  • Does things when given energy in some way, shape or form
  • Just plain ol' does something other then sit there and look pretty.
As a reminder, if it's from a mod, it's almost a 100% chance that it's a TE.

Tankh

Jul 29, 2019

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
^ yup, chisel.

I only use the default texture pack and still there's all kinds of cool textures you can come up with. Try detailing some iron blocks for that futuristicky white panelling, also factory blocks have a couple of nice options for making nice factory grate walkway type effects.

Reactions: YX33A

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Well AE would definitely be included. It's more to get the feel. The picture I posted just happened to be the bridge, but it could be a corridor, etc. I would like this clean, futuristic feel.
Remember that the ME access terminals, crafting monitors etc can be dyed with the IC2 Painters. To chance the purple to whatever colour you choose(except white apparently).

Reactions: YX33A

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds expensive as fuck. Is it part of the factory block chisel, or will I be looking for this "futuristic armour plating" block.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Sounds expensive as fuck. Is it part of the factory block chisel, or will I be looking for this "futuristic armour plating" block.
It is crafted as Futuristic Armor Plating Block and is made by an Iron Ingot surrounded by 8 Stone.