Need a little help with Logistics Pipes

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PureEvil

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys, I need some help with setting up LogiPipes.

In general, I got one input chest in which I throw all my stuff and it is sorted correctly. However. I am having troubles with auto smelting. While the furnaces output is correctly sent back to chests, I can't get the ores to be sent to the pulverizer. Basic logistics pipe seems to send only one type of ore and it splits rest to the other chests and leaves them there and it works only if new items are thrown in the input chest. Supplier pipe would only cause a mess as I would need several furnaces and pulverizers because with one pipe and all ores going into it, it would try to put the ores all the time and send them back and forth. I though of an indirect input with a buffer chest which outputs to the pulverizer but I would like it to work directly (as I like to know how stuff works). How should I set it up so all the ores are sent directly to the pulverizer no matter if they are in the input chest or storage chests?

My setup looks like that:
ZML6Fdm.png

(pulverizer setup, I would like all ores to go there)
YOOva7S.png

(basic logistsics pipe setup above the pulverizer)
3Aicyz4.png

(back of my machines, currently set up to output everything to the chests)
Tj9SOSu.png

(this will likely be my quarry output chest (not enderchest yet), I would like all ores to go from this chest to the pulverizer beneath it)
PN3DEwX.png

(Here is my storage room with several chassis pipes set up like so)

Thanks in advance.

IndigoStarfish

Jul 29, 2019
You'll probably need to make sure the overflowed ores go back to the chest that has your quick sort module.
A hopper on the machines will help reduce the number of ores that overflow.

Reactions: PureEvil

PureEvil

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, hopper solved my problem. Such a simple solution..sorry but I am not that familiar with Logistics pipes, I used to use AE but got bored with it so I decided to try something new... :) Thanks.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
upgrading the chassis on the input chest and putting a sink with default route in there will help (also put in a provider so the network can immediately use stuff that can get in there)

The_Enemys

Jul 29, 2019
I would remove that extractor module from your input chest, it's just duplicating the function of the quicksort module (the only real difference is that the extractor can pull from different sides and will pull items into the network without a valid non-default destination). If you replace it with an item sink set to default route you won't even need the hopper, any ores that don't fit should get sent back to the input chest to wait for the pulverizer to finish, then sent again when there's room.

Disclaimer: The above is subject to IIRC :)

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
If you use a suppler pipe and put ONE ore in each slot and set the suppler pipe to full request it will only try to pull one of each ore. This will make sure it doesnt dump all ore into one pulversizer.