Need a fast way to get rid of watersourceblocks

Weird0

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to get rid of a big chunk of water sourceblocks (area something around 100x100 in the middle of a ocean). i have some ideas so far but they are not as fast as i would like it to be.

one idea would be with the help of a filler and massive amount of cobble first fill the area set it to clear after its done. another is useing rp2/gregtech pumps.

anyone know some way to achieve this faster ? the cost of that does not matter it just should be quicker than those 2 methods. also it should not remove sourceblocks outside of the defined area.

Peter_Gunnn

Jul 29, 2019
i'm pretty sure you can't use a filler alone because water uproots the landmarks. i'd just run a bc pump at full speed - it will remove connected source blocks in a 64x64 area.

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
@OP: I had a similar problem yesterday though not in the middle of an ocean but in a max sized quarry that hit a huge water well. I ended up making an iron tank (had spare parts lying about anyways) and a mining well to pump the water into the tank. If you need the water then keep the tank. I ended up simply breaking it all down...sorted.

If it's in the middle of an ocean you might have to "cordon off" the area you want to clear...I think that's more problematic than pumping out the liquid. Took me approximately 5 minutes (real time) to clear the lot from my quarry :)

Hope this helps...good luck,
Bel*.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Get a very thirsty person.

For actual advice, I believe the forcefield with the right upgrades would work.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
My advice, energy tesseract with enough power to power four buildcraft pumps.
Surround the water that you want to remove, and then in every corner of your area put a buildcraft pump, powered by a tesseract, flowing into void waterproof pipes.

You don't really need much faster, because a maxed out filler or pumps are already insanely fast.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Though costly, the MFFS way is the goddamn fastest way to get rid of insane amounts of water. I had a weirdly positioned max size quarry that cut through 2 rivers and had two tiny lakes in its area - combined with the subsurface water sources, I had one laggy monster of water flowing around. MFFS got rid of that with the simple switch of a lever. Activate once, endure the lag while the force field is rendered in MC, turn it off again (wait for it, may take some time until MC catches up^^) and tadah, gone is the water.
I tried a horizontal filler, too. And while it indeed gets the job done, who has so much sand and gravel at hand? ;) No idea about the pumps, never used those.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Xycraft Void works like the Sponge did in Alpha, and clears out a 5x5x5 area around itself when placed in the world. for a 100x100 area, 20 of them should suffice. You get 2 per crafting. Cheap, though you'll still need to cordon off the area you wish to clear out, and space them out appropriately. Arguably, you could do it with just one, that you break and replace every 5x5x5 area. They can be moved with frames, so there's a neat little idea, a frame machine that automatically moves and clears water in front of it. Also works with lava BTW.

An MFFS machine to cover that huge an area with a single forcefield would require some serious infrastructure...

Reactions: PhilHibbs

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
TBH I would probably use a RP2 pump pumping into a XYcraft tank. Then if you put one of the XYcraft void blocks onto a valve on the tank it deletes anything above that level so should keep the tank pretty much empty if you wanted. (you may be able to hook the void straight up to the pipe if you want but im not sure on that one) doing it like sponges would work but it would be a pain to handle the Y axis with and you have only specified two coordinates so im guessing that is 100xYx100 a RP pump at the top should pump it all out to the bottom and if you have a little bit of RP infrastructure using flax to get the string to get a RP windmill to power it isnt that hard. Im guessing that you are using this area to buld like an underwater base or something like that so then if you wanted to you could then also use the RP2 pump flipped around to fill in the source blocks around the base to the surface of the ocean.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
yes, but only relative to the exact position of the turtle. If the pool is 1 deep, sure you can set the turtle to wander around and kill the source blocks that way, but if it's deeper, turtle walking, deploying one down, walking 5 more, is actually pretty fast and efficient.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
To RP2 pumps, as a sidenote: The water from those is not 'gone' but rather 'moved'. So unless you have a crater big enough to fill with all that water... ;)

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
You could wall off the area with walls of sand/gravel, then use a BC pump and void pipe. Supply power at 50mj/tick = supper fast removal. Direwolf20 did something similar in his SMP series but in a lava ocean age to fill xycraft tanks. He got over 300 buckets in seconds. Filled up 2 max size tanks in minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this has changed yet.....But place a wall completely around the area you wish to remove the water from then place blocks on all the top source blocks..... I have done this a few times on a small scale to get rid of water in areas I don't want it. You don't need to completely fill in the area....just the top layer. That should remove all the water below it. (may not even need the wall, just a layer of blocks placed over the topmost source blocks.