Nature Affinity for ARS Magica 2?

Marcus_the_Fox

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I am currently trying to raise, and achieve the Nature affinity, however, I'm unsure what powers and abilities grant more Nature Affinity than any of the other affinities. In case it's necessary, I am level 28, and using the Magic world 2 Modpack.

Thanks for any help.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, as @ThatOneSlowking said, when you make a spell, you get a written book, and it'll tell you what affinities the spell has, but IIRC Grow is a decent nature component. Takes a Red skill point, but if you're level 28, you're only 2 levels away from one. Or you could locate a red infinity orb, or kill a boss that drops one.
As a tip, red infinity orbs are very rare, but can be located in strongholds libraries. In fact, it's only a 2.26% chance to find one there. But if you know of any mods/other places that use the stronghold library loot table, then it's a bit easier.

But IIRC DartCraft level 3 loot bags can have them, so there is that, I guess.

Marcus_the_Fox

Jul 29, 2019
Alright then, I'll look into it. so-far, have not found a stronghold-but will keep looking. As for the spells, I'll keep up with the plant-oriented spells. It'll work well as I'm working on Witchcraft. Thanks for the help! ^^

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Nature Affinity is rather handy, but every affinity is a double edged sword in some way. Nature Affinity is a interesting Affinity in this sense; it gives you photosynthesis later on, allowing you to feed from sunlight, passively feeding you during the day if you are reached by sunlight. But you'll move slower as a result, even though you can climb living surfaces. And away from the sun? You get hungry faster. IIRC you are also somewhat weaker to fire.

Best of all, IMO, is the increased seed/sapling drop rate. Next to Arcane, it's my most aimed for Affinity.

Marcus_the_Fox

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah, well one of the main reasons for me is, like you said, the seeds, as I pretty much only do farming, so it'll be a huge help for me.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Something of note that's a bit early game, Wizards Autumn is a nature spell too, and it's three blue points from the start

Go murder the water or earth guardian if you don't have any more blue points to spend on it. All bosses give an infinity orb based on how difficult they are to kill (Easier one gives blue, mid ones give green, and hard ones give red)

Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Something of note that's a bit early game, Wizards Autumn is a nature spell too, and it's three blue points from the start

Go murder the water or earth guardian if you don't have any more blue points to spend on it. All bosses give an infinity orb based on how difficult they are to kill (Easier one gives blue, mid ones give green, and hard ones give red)
I'll check it out again, but it's only 3 blue points? Crazy good if that's true.

cobhalla

Jul 29, 2019
I know later game i use a heal projectile to keep my livestock healthy, i put up torched but creepers still like to harm my piggies and it grants a bit of nature i believe

Come work for the CobbleCo

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I know later game i use a heal projectile to keep my livestock healthy, i put up torched but creepers still like to harm my piggies and it grants a bit of nature i believe

Come work for the CobbleCo
Heal component is life affinity

Reactions: YX33A

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure why you'd want to max those affinities out...
The healing one's drawback sounds just crappy, you become a pacifist that gives you nausea every time you kill something.
I wouldn't max it out unless you really are adverse to killing things in video games...

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure why you'd want to max those affinities out...
The healing one's drawback sounds just crappy, you become a pacifist that gives you nausea every time you kill something.
I wouldn't max it out unless you really are adverse to killing things in video games...
I personally don't use Ars Magica because of the affinities, but my friend who got the whole "nausea when killing something" affinity always just carried a TC golem in his hotbar to send out whenever there was a mob to face.