Native gold/iron clusters?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious what these are as I can't seem to find any information on them. They are in the Minium Stone recipes and seem to yield a lot of gold/iron. How do I find these things?

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
They are thaumcraft. You get them using thaumcraft enchants. It's thaumcrafts way of doubling your ore output.

Luckdemon

Jul 29, 2019
A native cluster is yielded as a low chance when mining ores with the Pickaxe of the Core. It's a fancy magic pick. When you smelt them it gives you 2 ingots instead of 1. Thaumcraft's ore-doubling method. All of those EE3 recipes are just because the minium stone + coal can smelt most items I believe.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
So just you know, it doesn't get you more metals than Pulverizer or Macerator. But when you throw the stuff in the Infernal Furnace it would give you just a bit more in form of nuggets. Plus you get exp from it, not that much though. The nuggets are not even better than what Pulverizer gets you I think, not sure on that. At least they're only the type of ore you smelted instead of extra gold from copper like Pulverizer does. But since gold doesn't get any extras in Pulverizer you could mine that with Core and Infernal Furnace it and get extras that way. Fortune increases the chance for native clusters and you can place the ore down and mine it again to have another go at it.

Luckdemon

Jul 29, 2019
The pickaxe of the core is a rare drop in dungeon and other random loot chests though, so after a while of exploring you can start off with double ores before making any machines.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
If you dont get native clusters, you can place the ore down and mine it again. (you'll want a repair enchant on it for this)
Infernal furnace+3 bellows gives you 2 ingots+ a few nuggets+exp​
Pulveriser gives you 2 ingots + 5% chance of XX dust.​
Induction smelting gives you 2 ingots +5-10% rich slag.​
Unless you have Gregtech (giving 3 ingots), TC has the best output​
- but the rich slag can give a 3rd ingot from any ore so they kinda balance.​

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
The pickaxe of the core is a rare drop in dungeon and other random loot chests though, so after a while of exploring you can start off with double ores before making any machines.
Yeah, it's pretty nifty too. Silly clusters asside, it's better than the diamond drill if enchanted right. It's like a self-recharging diamond drill. :D