Mystcraft Mayhem and IC2 Copper

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I have finally been able to start a SSP world (yay!) and I downloaded the Ultimate pack. I want to be able to live in a normal age that has overworld everything (strongholds, dungeons, villages), and dense ores. Nothing crazy, just one or two is perfectly fine for me. My computer has been able to make this new overworld, but that is it's limit. I can make one Mystcraft age successfully, that's it though. After that, my entire game crashes and I have to start a new world (a process that takes me 30 minutes per world). I've been working on this for hours to no avail, so could anyone help me create an age? I have instability off and a creative notebook, because my computer can't hold anything. I have to get it right because I have one age per world, after that, it just crashes, and all my ages have been...odd. I hate asking people to straight out do stuff for me, but I can't do this by myself :eek:

Also, I want to be able to bring IC2's copper back. Where do I go to allow it to generate in new chunks, and disable TE's Copper too (but that's not as big of a problem).

Thank you whoever can help me, I've been trying this mystcraft thing for a couple of hours and I've gone through several worlds.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft pages and the order they go in just confuses me. I always disable instability anyway, but it'd be hugely awesome if someone would write an in depth guide to creating mystcraft worlds.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
They have to go in a certain order?! o.o I had a ton of pages in one world, and I ended up with a void world with none of the biomes I specified, or any of the sun colors and sky colors. Maybe if I just add one page, the rest will be filled in correctly?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
DW20 sort of explains it in his spotlight.

For each main page, you need to also put the correct modifiers, so for example, if you but Single Biome, you also need to specify the Biome. If you have too few or too many, you'll get instability.

But, what is odd is that the modifiers go BEFORE the main page, but if you think of it as reading a sentence, it makes more sense (Desert Single Biome, Wooden Tendrils, etc)

Honestly though, the whole gui is poorly designed. It should be a bit more like steves carts cart designer, where it's broken down into the different components of the age, you put in your main component (Single Biome), and the modifier (Desert). It should also give a visual clue of the minimum pages you need to make the age stable. After all, if you've just spent a ton of emeralds, or spent hours exploring villages, or building a villager breeder, surely you deserve a bit of help to make the book?

Reactions: Confidential1207

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
http://binarymage.com/wiki/doku.php?id=writing:symbols <- That should help.

There are some symbols you ALWAYS need to be stable, there are a few that ALWAYS cause instability. Left over modifyers cause instability. ANd theres that bug.

Follow that guide and ALWAYS end the book with clear modifyers, and you should get a stable world.

(And yes, it's one of the worst UI/conceptial experiances I've delt with to date. The mod authour has some VERY cool ideas, but the current way of writing a book is clunky, and working out how to write a stable age is very very difficult)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys! The mystcraft website kinda helps, but I don't know what to start with. Would it be:
Biome(s)
Biome Controller (necessary?)
Stone (Materials)
Sun
Rising
Moon
Setting
Stars
Features (Caves, Strongholds, and Villages)
Lighting
Dense Ores
Terrain
Visual (necessary?)
Weather
Gradient (necessary?)

Clear Modifiers

Would that be a correct order to construct an age?
Wow this wiki is terrible, no examples or anything. Yes, a SC type modifier would work so much better, and people who don't spawn these ages in are going to have to find all that stuff, which will be very expensive.

Chrono

Jul 29, 2019
Would that be a correct order to construct an age?
Nope, you NEED a biome controller, and he comes before the biome(s) you want, that stone symbol is out of place he is a modifier to be used whit something like tendrils (to create stone tendrills) or whit the terrain pages ( to like replace dirt whit stone)
Dense ores is a strong symbol and thus adds a huge amount of instability, you may want to counter that by adding negative pages to you book ( they increase the stability).
Visual pages are entirely optional.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't actually played with the new mystcraft system myself yet, so I can't help you with most of it. However, ALL modifiers need to go before the main page. So, you need to move the "rising" to before the sun, and "setting" to before moon. I believe you need something after stone as well. ( IE: Stone what? )

You might want to try typing out what kind of world exactly you are after, then what all pages you currently have. People can then correct any errors they see.

Also, from what I understand, the overall order does not matter. Just that you do a modifier BEFORE what it modifies. It is however recommended to have a basic order/structure to help keep track of what you are doing.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I am doing this in creative mode, and I have removed all instability.

So the kind of world I'm after is something that is the same as the overworld, but I was trying to get more Mushroom Biomes.

• Mushroom Biomes+Everything the overworld has
  • Extra Villages, Strongholds, Mineshafts, Dungeons
  • Dense Ores (1 or 2)
I wanted everything to be exactly the same, but with more mushroom biomes, more villages, and some Dense Ores. I don't even need Mushroom Biomes if it's not possible to get with all the other biomes.
I have, well...all the pages.
Would this setup be right, in this order? What else would I need to make an age like this? Instability is off:
Native Biome Controller, Standard Terrain, Normal Weather, Full Length, Normal Moon, Full Length, Normal Sun, Normal Stars, Crystals, Dungeons, Ravines, Mineshafts, Strongholds, Villages, Villages, Normal Lighting, Dense Ores, Clear Modifiers.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
In this order exactly: Mushroom Biomes, *Other Biomes*, Biome Controller (necessary), blank space, Villages, blank space, strongholds, blank space, Mineshafts, blank space, Dungeons, blank space, standard terrain gen (or flat, however you want it), blank space, *However many Dense Ores you want, no spaces* Time modifier (if any, like noon, or sunset), Length of sun (Mandatory if you have a Sun), Normal Sun (mandatory), blank space, Time Modifier, if any, Length of Moon (Mandatory if you have a Moon), Normal Moon (Mandatory if you have no sun), blank space, Weather (Any type), blank space, Crystals, blank space, Ravines, blank space, Normal Lighting, blank space. Clear Modifiers page not necessary.

Reactions: jumpfight5

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I love Mystcraft. I have devoted much time to figuring out how the book writing system works. Now I am ready to help anyone who needs help with books.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Do I use the writing desk or the book binder? The book binder spawned me in a void age with snow (again ._.) with the exact items and order. But there's no "breaks" in the Book Binder, so it's the writing desk I assume?