Mystcraft grief potential

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Is it possible to effectively permakill someone with Myscraft? Like, dropping him to portal leading to void age and kill him there?

Zmaster27

Jul 29, 2019
since most servers only have age writing for OPs it would not, however it could on servers that dont have this rule

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
since most servers only have age writing for OPs it would not, however it could on servers that dont have this rule
You could possibly push an AFK player through a portal made with a linking book, I doubt those are ever turned off. You'd need to be able to destroy the blocks around the spawn there as well though.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
You could possibly push an AFK player through a portal made with a linking book, I doubt those are ever turned off. You'd need to be able to destroy the blocks around the spawn there as well though.

Since 1.3 I think you haven't been able to collide with players, you can still probably water-push or piston push them though.

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
Couldn't you just punch them in?

Been a while since I've played on a server, dunno if a pvp disabled one would still cause the knockback when you punch them. Worst case I guess you could knockback enchant a wooden sword or something and use that.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
I played on pvp disabled and punching doesn't move players at all, but i guess that depends on if you are pvp enabled.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Just rename a linking book into an empty void age, and replace someone's bookstand/lecturn, or build a 3D portal around an afk player.

(I think myst regens the platform now, but you still destroy their stuff, and there's no way back except for /TPX)

As for grief fun potential, portals and soulshards (I've been doing it since soulshards first came out- before then it was traditional monster spawns+portals), disarming book (stealing traps). Hoards of angry pigzombies are also a lot of fun.
They take most entities, so build a massive cobble gen and item lag someones house/server spawn.

Mobgriefing on? Its creeper time!

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Is area around spawn in other worlds also protected from building/breaking blocks?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Much easier with portalgun just open a portal beneath someones feet and have the other end above some lava.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Much easier with portalgun just open a portal beneath someones feet and have the other end above some lava.

Nah, that just kills them. If you're on a server with TC3 and Portalgun, research warded stone, build 2x2 place a portal on the ceiling, pop the portal under someone's feet then close the portal. They are now in a small, confined area that is utterly dark and with stone that takes several factors longer to break than obsidian. Doesn't kill them but does leave them unable to move or do anything productive.

Reactions: ff255away

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Is area around spawn in other worlds also protected from building/breaking blocks?
Don't believe it is, as I seem to have a bug with mystcraft where I always spawn inside the centre block of the spawn platform so I have to break this.

You could also use this as a prison of sorts, just tpx naughty players to a void age. Or maybe you could tp them to above a mystcraft portal that disarms them before sending them to the void age.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Nah, that just kills them. If you're on a server with TC3 and Portalgun, research warded stone, build 2x2 place a portal on the ceiling, pop the portal under someone's feet then close the portal. They are now in a small, confined area that is utterly dark and with stone that takes several factors longer to break than obsidian. Doesn't kill them but does leave them unable to move or do anything productive.
If server is set to Hard mode, he can just waiit to die from hunger, and then respawn at his bed or standard OVerworld respawn. Problem with Mystcraft is that it forcibly changes respawn point.

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
Barring good server administration, yes, you are able to permanently trap a player in a mystcraft age. using a link modifier, you can make a linking book that will send a player to a void age, and clear all of their inventory on the way there.
They can, however, be returned by admins using the /tpx command, which teleports players across dimensions.

Malkeus Diasporan

Jul 29, 2019
Due to the way mystcraft reset the spawnpoint to within the age, and link modifiers allow you to disable the platform generation, you could setup a trap that drops someone into a void age in whichthey drop to their death, respawn above the void (destroy that pesky platform that forms under you when you first make the age) and drop to their death again. Ad nauseum. With the addition of disarming to the intial trap, you also get to steal their items before utterly ruining their day. The only way to get out wuld be for an admin to tpx them back to the overworld. Barring plugins that add /warp or /spawn.
Not that I've done this or anything...at least not without a clear ''No Trespassing" sign posted, which i may or may not have found in the chest afterwards.

Edit: I just noticed that i basically reworded your post Nevakanezah. My bad, I replyed before reading the thread. Though I think I have a more evil mind than you, you failed to mention the potential for infinite loops of death ;)

Reactions: EternalDensity

DaveSW

Jul 29, 2019
mystcraft griefing? how about a using level 5 creeper soul spawners to teleport to someone's base? Or ghasts, or whatever. Bonus points for hitting them with invisiblity potions before they teleport over.

Malkeus Diasporan

Jul 29, 2019
i tend to focus on base defense rather than outright dickery... Thats why I setup the trap with a couple of signs designed to discourage people, before stealing all their items and trapping them in hell (bonus points if your version of hell involves a stroboscopic tunnel to mock them over and over as they fall to their deaths). Sending invisible creepers/a bazillion cobblestone/live tnt to someones base is just mean, and i reserve that for the people who deserve it :p

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
If server is set to Hard mode, he can just waiit to die from hunger, and then respawn at his bed or standard OVerworld respawn. Problem with Mystcraft is that it forcibly changes respawn point.

You don't die from hunger on hard mode, you just go to half a heart.