Mystcraft Admin Only

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
How can I make a server so mystcraft is admin only? I dont want any people on the server to be able to make ages and if they want it only an admin can make it. How do I do this?

Redruzerkruzer

Jul 29, 2019
Ban the tools needed to make the world. For example, ban the book binder. As an OP you can override this, but players cannot. This allows it to be OP only. (I have the same thing on my server, it allows me to ban the creation of worlds, but allow linking books which is nice for the players)

Rebirth Gaming

Jul 29, 2019
While Redruzerkruzer is 100% correct in saying that by banning something like the book binder would prevent ages from being created, you can go even further.

Our server controls Mystcraft ages in a way that only those who have been granted access to ages can, well, access them! This even takes into account a player's ability to teleport/send teleport requests.

Using a permission plugin like GM or PEX, along with a world permission node plugin like Essentials, you can disable teleportation/specific commands for the Mystcraft ages.
This could allow Admins to force teleport players to their ages if they want, but then prevent that player from being able to use /back or /sethome in those ages.

If you are trying to set this up for a premium/donor feature, then you must take into account world/player specific permissions. You might not like it when a layer decides to create an infinite lava age and then hands out access to it to everyone on the server, resulting in infinite power. In fact, we don't even allow premium players to make such ages, but do allow them to invite friends into their ages.