My Obligatory Introduction

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone on this forum. I am fairly new here (as a forum member at least). I am a long time player of feed the beast and a long time guest to this forum. I eventually decided to make myself an account so I could actually post. I hope to stick around here for a long time, like gum stuck under a desk, and engage in many intelligent conversations.

My actual playing habits of feed the beast are rather sporadic. Every once in a while I will go on FTB binges, sacrificing my sleep and sometimes other duties for the glory that is FTB. There are some times when I just don't have the time to play or don't have Internet on my desktop (my predicament now) or just don't feel like playing. So far I have kept coming back though, the game is just too appealing for its own good.

I do run my own server through a hosting company (pytohost if you were wondering). So that's where I do the majority of my playing. I do some testing in creative single player occasionally. I have my own way of playing as we all do. I refuse to make any solar panels or touch lava power. I don't like to use quarries to gather resources, or most fully automatic broad category (in my opinion un-flavorful) resource gathering set ups. I will never craft anything from uu matter or make any armor that makes me nearly unkillable. I enjoy breeding bees and trees. Purifying the traits is my favorite part, the old fashioned way; without using any of those bee machines. Thaumcraft is great fun for me. Tinker's Construct has lately been a lot of fun for me too. (Both the TCs, haha). Sometimes I like writing up a turtle script. I could go on and on about how I like to play, it would probably be a bit boring though. ;)

Well that is about it for my introduction. I will end it with a question to make it easier to reply to for those inclined to reply to it.

If you awoke to find yourself trapped in a room with no doors, containing a single table with a strip of used duct tape, two Q-Tips, a bowling ball, a penny, and a "That was easy" button, what would you do?

My answer:
Go back to sleep

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to the FTB forums! We hope you enjoy your stay here (stay forever! :D)

I would repeatedly smash the bowling ball against the wall, and hope to dear god I can survive the fall if there is one. Then push the "Cookie Button", as I bet it is in secret disguise ;)

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Goodness! What a waste! I'd push the "That was easy" button and THEN go back to sleep. Gosh! The nerve of some people. Welcome to the forums.