My Minecraft Art

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I like making art for fun.
Minecraft has supplied my with plenty of inspiration.
I thought some of you might enjoy the artwork I made.
If there is enough interest, I may do cans for all the monsters.
Tell me what you guys think.
first_four.png

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Does it make you hungrier?
Hungrier... for Brains! *Cue dramatic music*.

I love the pic, and would really like to see more monster drinks. In fact, these would be good as paintings in a texture pack, perhaps in a "modern" style texture pack.

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
Here is one for you Belone. I will work on it some more, but I wanted to post before I went to go eat...
Edit:
Okay, a little more progress. Didn't want to spam the forums so I just updated this post. I have three cans started. I ran into some saturation problems with the creeper can and some transparency issues with the skeleton can.

The textures used on the cans are made from models that I made. It's not very difficult, but it takes more effort then taking screenshots. Either way, I will have more assets if I ever choose to do an animation.

I know that the water droplets and condensation is repetitive, but I think it will be simple to add variety. I wanted to get the labels made first.
first_three.png

Reactions: Belone

DreamingSheep

Jul 29, 2019
Excellent work! I like the little slogans added to the top of each can and the use of the mobs colours in the can too. Clearly a good amount of thought was put into these.

Please take these entirely as constructive and nothing negative, but maybe look at the following:

Reducing the amount of condensation on the can, that big a build up so densely populated would run off the can.​
The base of the can should be more like the top lip of the can, but with a larger radius. Basically the bottom of the can also has a rounded lip, not one that goes straight down.​
I can't really tell, but so the mobs also have a 3D bulge added to them to appear as though they are printed on the can? A couple of areas look like they do, but then I seem to wonder if I'm just imagining it.​

I second what Exedra said, a Blaze can would be awesome, and the yellow colour would complement quite well. Then there's also the MooShroom for to complete the colour spectrum?

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I made another can. It's not a blaze. I started on a pigman and forgot how hard it was to do. I didn't get to do any others tonight. I updated the image at the beginning of the thread.

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone interested in FTB achievements? I can create some small buttons like the ones you get for "Got Wood". Have any ideas, post them here. I'm also thinking about making a set of icons to go with the desktops that were recently released.

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, what do you guys think about a realistic interpretation of the modular power armor. Here is some work that I did on an iron man suit and a mega-man blaster. Click to enlarge. Can you find the reference to the Portal? I'm kinda bummed this thread got moved to an obscure part of the forum.test.pngblaster_front.pngblaster_back.png .

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it's just me, but the helmet looks like it's 2d. Some more ray tracing/shading/lights would be nice.

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the input. There really isn't any way to control raytracing with the software I use. I was going for a very shinny look, so I'm not sure how to add shading. Maybe I could do some compositing and accentuate the contrast. There are actually 4 lights: one on both side, one front, and one top. The only way I can think of making the lighting better is to add HDR lighting. But I could add brush marks to give it depth. I could also add damage. That art thread is dead so I'm happy with the result for the amount of work I put into it. I only posted the art to see if people want to see game armor in a similar style. I've been thinking. I don't know much about how modular power suits works in-game, it would be significantly harder for me to make 40 interchangeable pieces. Maybe I should try something simpler. Maybe the quantum suit. I've already started on a generic female character. I can always use the assets for something else.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone has ideas or sketches of ideas for a quantum/gravi suit armor, I would like to hear/see them. I'm thinking a sleek female character. The helmet would have an open jaw and the female would have red lipstick. A semi transparent blue visor would fade in to add mystery to the face behind the helmet. I'm thinking of a two piece chest piece with an open stomach. Open spaces would be filled with a mesh similar to underarmor of halo armor. This is to reflect the nano armor that's part of the recipe. I'm thinking all joints will have sufficient room for functionality. I'm thinking of having high heel - knee high boots. Maybe two thrusters? One on the heal, one on the front of the foot? Anyone have and ideas or additions?

Edit: For scene effects, I thought about creating a heat distortion around the character. This would be similar to the visual distortion you see above hot pavement. I was also thinking about adding a cloud of dust near the characters feet.

Edit: Edit: I created a new version of the zombie button. A 3d picture on a 3d button didn't look right. The "camera" used for the texture does have some "lens distortion", but the 2d texture on the button makes it look better imho.
Anyone want a GG button?
zombie_button_v2.png

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
Here a start on the body that i will use to mold the armor around.
attachment.php

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
I look for the files, but that comment was pretty old. The following picture is a project I did. What do you guys think about me modifying it to look like the mystcraft notebook? There are a few things that I didn't have time before. Or should I make this into a different FTB book.
book.png

YuvonDovah

Jul 29, 2019
I look for the files, but that comment was pretty old. The following picture is a project I did. What do you guys think about me modifying it to look like the mystcraft notebook? There are a few things that I didn't have time before. Or should I make this into a different FTB book.
View attachment 7179
That looks pretty cool, if it was going to be any other book in FTB I think you would have to try to do something cool with the thauminomicon. (however you spell it)

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm calling this scene complete. Not entirely sure why, but this picture took 110 minutes to render at 300 passes in cycles. I know there is a couple inconsistencies, but since I did this for fun, I'm not to concerned. I hope that using symbols from the game as a reference wasn't an infringement on the author's intellectual property. If it is, I will immediately remove the post.

The thauminomicon (or however you spell it) would be cool to make. I didn't do it for this scene because I thought it deserved more work and because I felt I needed to get permission to copy the text from one of the pages in the game. I was thinking that it would have fancy lettering. I haven't found any fonts the style that I liked, so I would have to make each letter. I was thinking that the the recipes would look similar to the aged look of Leonardo's da Vinci's journals.

I'm currently thinking that I may do the thaumcraft wands. Instead of wands, I envision them actually being scepters. I might do two versions, one basic model. I would change the colors to refelct the different wands. A second model of each could be done to add more uniqueness. A tornado flame for the fire wand anyone?

Maybe a realistic closeup of a bee? So many ideas, so little time.

Edit, having trouble uploading image. Is there a maximu file size. It's only 1.37 MB :).

Edit: Edit: Since I've already done the ink bottle, I think I will do potions next.