My life in the Eldaria Islands

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys. I started a new world recently and thought it might be fun to share my progress with you. I am playing a custom pack that might as well be Monster plus or minus a few mods. This time instead of using Highlands or Biomes o Plenty and just dealing with the uninspiring terrain, I am using a custom map called Eldaria. I took a tour of all of the islands in creative mode before I started playing and its all absolutely stunning. My plan is to build, a lot. I want to populate the starter island with towns and stuff, connect them with roads and rails. And Ill use Sync to create new guys to do the same on different islands, starting from scratch. That way I dont have to start a new world when I get bored.

Right by spawn theres a village. I murdered the noisy inhabitants (I can spawn more later), fenced it all in, lit it up and made it my temporary home:

I crammed a rudimentary sorting system in one of the houses using sorting pipes and strongboxes, will do til I get an AE system.

My tech room. At first I went my usual Thermal Expansion route, but since I am using Harvestcraft and Hunger Overhaul and am surviving on toast, the Mekansim crusher recipe for flour looked very appealing. But NEI lied and I get something called biofuel instead. Still, I think Mek will be my early game tech mod this time. Working on a jetpack and free runners next.

My wheat farms, a few igneous extruders and the Mekansim windmill I made. Oh and a grinder which I use occasionally on wheat to actually get flour.

I have a Smeltery up and running, made a steel pickaxe last night and grabbed a bunch of nether goodies including cobalt and ardite:

A small collection of linking books. From left to right they lead to the Nether, The erebus, Twilight forest, and a random mystcraft age which isnt bad at all for mining. Since the Eldaria map doesnt have mod world gen I have to go elsewhere for stuff like copper and tin.

Theres an island near the village I have my eyes on.

Its got a great view, Im definitely going to build here.

Oh and The Erebus is awesome. It doesnt have all of the ores but it is a good source of the thermal expansion ones except for ferrous, I havent seen that.

Theres bugs everywhere and they killed the crap out of me when I first arrived. Those little maggots? They eat logs and get bigger and bigger. I think they eventually turn into a beetle.

So thats it for now. Ill post more of my progress in the coming days and weeks, if anyone is interested.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Didnt play much today, but I did accomplish something. Finished my Mekanism jetpack, which came in very handy through the building process. Still, I fell to my death once because I forgot to turn it back on before leaping down lol. Oh and made a cobalt flux powered pickaxe too. Buffed to the gills with lapis and redstone. Once I get a wand of equal trade, Ill switch out some of those blocks for something more interesting.

In other news...I have to admit being a bit miffed at the lack of traction my thread has gotten. Not sure what I was expecting but its never a good feeling to be ignored. Anyway, I will try harder to be more appealing. I will start by editing the thread title, and putting on some cologne.

Last edited:

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
Didnt play much today, but I did accomplish something. Finished my Mekanism jetpack, which came in very handy through the building process. Still, I fell to my death once because I forgot to turn it back on before leaping down lol. Oh and made a cobalt flux powered pickaxe too. Buffed to the gills with lapis and redstone. Once I get a wand of equal trade, Ill switch out some of those blocks for something more interesting.

In other news...I have to admit being a bit miffed at the lack of traction my thread has gotten. Not sure what I was expecting but its never a good feeling to be ignored. Anyway, I will try harder to be more appealing. I will start by editing the thread title, and putting on some cologne.
You're thread is doing well, just keep going. There are undoubtably purgers watching the thread progress and response will pick up at the weekend. Just keep playing. If you are doing this just for publicity, it probably won't work out for you and you may as well stop now.

Tsori

Jul 29, 2019
Watching intently! Although without much of an update theres not much of a response to give yet

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Watching intently! Although without much of an update theres not much of a response to give yet

Sorry for the lack of updates, been kinda busy lately but thanks. I know I need to do something more interesting soon otherwise theres no point in this thread.

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Keep going man!! I check this thread about twice a day. .. just remember that it's your first couple posts. ... advertise on reddit and the general ftb chat ; D get your name out there....

If you want to make things interesting then take different approaches.....
Do things others wouldn't dare try!!
Eg. Ice fortress, zombie battle mini game, underwater castle, unique mining and killing device for eriebus. .... Anything but a giant factory with all the stuff in!!

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
All of my config files were erased somehow, which leaves my save game impossible to use. Theres just no way I can put everything back the way it was. I will have to restart. It might be for the better, this time I will save myself some effort and use the Monster pack as a base.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Well this has been a long time coming. After the cataclysm I am finally back on my feet with this world. of course, I had to start all over from scratch but its still Eldaria and much of my plans remain the same. I almost decided to abandon this thread entirely and just post in the "show your bases" topic since my building skills are only ok-ish compared to some. But I have so many things I want to show you guys, Im really happy with how things are coming along. Oh and before I get too far ahead of myself, up to this point I have run a Quarry Plus with silk touch once in the overworld and once in the nether and then I put it in a box somewhere. I probably wont be doing any more automated mining, that would be ridiculous when I have 5x ore processing thanks to Mekanism. So without further ado:

First a few different angles of my territory so far:

The castle off in the distance is the magic-house for thaumcraft. The high tech looking building is where my AE system resides and is where I do most of my work. The factory looking building is my ore processing facility. The next picture shows the tiny patch I call a garden manned by my trusty golems Pedro and Whatshisname. Whenever I need something that grows I plant it there, and let the lamp and golems work their magic. Come back a bit later and theres tons of it in the ME chest. Behind that all the power gen I have going. Three Mekanism wind turbines and two solar panels. And to the right of them is my trusty laser turret from the ICBM mod. It shoots dead anything that dares come close, is very noisy and is the sole reason I have that mod installed. And in the last shot you can see theres lots of people running around, they are from the Custom NPCs mod, Im using them for decoration but screenshots just dont do them justice. One is a mailman and visits each of the mailboxes over and over for eternity. You can give them stuff to hold in their hands and equip them with armor. One of the kids is carrying my old iron capped wand and the fat ender-woman named Blinky over on the right plays the banjo, dances and is wearing trackman's goggles. Good times.

Now, onto the factory:

Ok first picture shows the little bits of microblock work I did on the window trim. I always underestimate and once again made this building a bit too small to fit some of the things I wanted to do but I just went ahead and worked with it. (Off to the left of the building are four teleporters that link to interesting spots all over the world...but thats a story for another day.) Second pic shows the 4x ore processing machines. Havent quite worked my way up to 5x...yet. I laid out the machines in such a way that I get to see each and every thing as its being made and passed along to the next machine. Next shows the Salination plant and a couple of workers reading pressure gauges or something complicated. Yes they are holding crescent hammers. Anyway, that big orange thing? Thats a salination plant and it makes stuff that lets me make stuff that quadruples my ores. It ate up every single piece of copper I had mined up to that point and at first I hated the orange. Until I added the black ladder. (carpenters ladders with burnt quartz) Now it looks spiffy. To the right of it is the fancied-up bunch of open blocks tanks storing the brine created by it. I once had a railcraft tank there that held much more but it was so ugly. Might use those wasted tank blocks for a water tower instead...

The castle is very bare, I havent done much with it since I built it. But its slowly getting better and better. Considering adding Ars Magica just to have more stuff to put in there. Anyway heres a few highlights:

The bridge is patrolled day and night by my trusty guardsmen, William and Wallace. A quick shot of my essence sorting room thingamabob, the Dwarf tyrion is either hanging out in there with the golem or walking up and down the PERFECT spiral stair that I have always wanted. Up on top is my infusion altar. Bunch of skulls and stuff under glass there seems to do a pretty good job of keeping the instability down. Did some high end KAMI stuff just a while ago and only one thing fell off the pedestal. Last two shots arent really anything to look at, just a very functional mob spawning room deep under the castle. Automatically build snowmen, grind them for mob essence and manually kill what I need when I need it. They just get pushed right into the glass by the conveyors. Cant fit ghasts in there because freaking water kept spilling in on me as I carved it out so I later just spawned them out in the open in the twilight forest once and netted tons of tears. Running low now though...And of course theres my pet squid Mister Blooper back there being...milked...?...for his ink sacs via a rancher.

And the final two pics are of the dessicated remains of my AE building.

it looked complete a few days ago but since the factory came into play Ive decided it needs to be relocated a bit so Im starting to take it apart. The last pic is of the basement and isnt really meant to look good.

So thats all for now. I will be updating this thread occasionally when i have something I want to share. Hopefully soon I will get to work on the traincraft railway system I talked about. Maybe I will use them as part of my much-needed power generation upgrade. You just know theres going to be a building just for that. Anyway, later.

Last edited:

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
3 totally different (epoch)builds slowly creating weird but unique functional village...
Dunno why but i like this idea and i can see bright future for lot more here. For example adding lights along roads from medieval age(magic-house/castle) up to futuristic style(AE building). Or powerlines from floating power grid up to wooden posts doing/transferring exactly... nothing :D
IMO you dont need to put any extreme details to any of these builds to make whole project look interesting. (regarding aesthetics i can judge you just crossed from "mainstream" to "nice" on my scale)
Wondering NPCs is pretty nice touch to your world and i can already imagine how much better it must feel to move around in such "populated" environment. Warriors, workers, mailman... i love it! (small question: Did you set any dialogues when they pass you?)
Finally some1 taking NPCs mod in real use! (uhm i mean in his normal survival world, well i mean in SP world... *realizing what i just sad and that "Custom NPCs mod" is intended for MP* derp... nvm)
(as for now my top is factory but pssss ;) )

Last edited:
Reactions: epidemia78

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
3 totally different (epoch)builds slowly creating weird but unique functional village...
Dunno why but i like this idea and i can see bright future for lot more here. For example adding lights along roads from medieval age(magic-house/castle) up to futuristic style(AE building). Or powerlines from floating power grid up to wooden posts doing/transferring exactly... nothing :D
IMO you dont need to put any extreme details to any of these builds to make whole project look interesting. (regarding aesthetics i can judge you just crossed from "mainstream" to "nice" on my scale)
Wondering NPCs is pretty nice touch to your world and i can already imagine how much better it must feel to move around in such "populated" environment. Warriors, workers, mailman... i love it! (small question: Did you set any dialogues when they pass you?)
Finally some1 taking NPCs mod in real use! (uhm i mean in his normal survival world, well i mean in SP world... *realizing what i just sad and that "Custom NPCs mod" is intended for MP* derp... nvm)
(as for now my top is factory but pssss ;) )

I appreciate that, man. That really means something coming from you. Thanks for taking the time to look at what Ive built. As for your question, yes Ive played around with the dialog options a bit. Theres not many voice files included with the Custom Npcs mod but but I am sure I can find more on the internet. It would be hilarious if I could get my factory workers to shout things like "hey can I get some help over here?" in a new york accent.

On a side note, I kind of expected lots of lag and bugs with Custom NPCs but so far it actually works great except for a bit of crashyness when you try to set a path to them. Too bad I have to cheat them in, but its made for server admins not for how Im using it.

RainbowCupcake

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say I love your buildings, they fit the world you live in and the resource pack, also which one is it? (I might've missed it if you said which one it was) I like how all of the buildings look medieval on the outside but many of them have tech stuff on the inside, I have to say you did an excellent job on the detail, my favorite building would be the factory, the microblocks enhance it so much, also I love how all of your buildings do not look like plain square rectangles with no layers or textures. It's also awesome that you chose a custom map but it's still natural looking, also perhaps you could make a city in the mountains, it would be hard but unique and breathtaking if you did. I have one more suggestion, in the castle essence storing room you could maybe add carpets or different types of wood to make it look less bare. Keep building! :D

Reactions: epidemia78

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say I love your buildings, they fit the world you live in and the resource pack, also which one is it? (I might've missed it if you said which one it was) I like how all of the buildings look medieval on the outside but many of them have tech stuff on the inside, I have to say you did an excellent job on the detail, my favorite building would be the factory, the microblocks enhance it so much, also I love how all of your buildings do not look like plain square rectangles with no layers or textures. It's also awesome that you chose a custom map but it's still natural looking, also perhaps you could make a city in the mountains, it would be hard but unique and breathtaking if you did. I have one more suggestion, in the castle essence storing room you could maybe add carpets or different types of wood to make it look less bare. Keep building! :D

Im using a pack called Pixel Perfection. Its default resolution so it blends pretty well with the mod textures which arent covered by the pack at all. Sometimes I edit certain textures by borrowing from other packs. Like the AE monitors and the Thermal Expansion machines and ducts. And thanks for the kind words and suggestions.

Looks like I wont get to play much in the next few days due to a family emergency but I did manage to cram the entire 5x ore duplication setup into the factory.

It was quite a puzzle trying to fit it all into the space allotted since theres so many single output machines. I accidentally discovered translocators are a good way to automatically input ore which cant be done with pipes and stuff. I was just using them because it looked cool. The 5x duplication process is quite slow and causes the following machines to stop and start annoyingly while it waits for the next item to come down the line. Until I can come up with a more elegant solution I will direct everything but gold to the 4x part of the chain (which is much faster) and manually let it through with that switch when it builds up. Besides, this isnt really one of those boring pulverizer setups where I just drop ores off and not bother watching them cook, lol. Now after one of my old fashioned mining excursions I get to watch my ores put on a little show.

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Damn you photobucket. I am NOT popular. Ugh I guess I have to relocate my pics. What a bunch of bull.