Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2013-08-23_23.19.28.png
And plenty of space in the basement for my machine room
2013-08-23_23.26.46.png

cloudbyday90

Jul 29, 2019
Not very impressed. at all. Looks like it was done in creative, and probably done with WorldEdit. Its also not very Oriental looking at all.

epicninja

Jul 29, 2019
Lol that's gonna be the first comment he sees and he's gonna pop into the thread and be like 'aww yeah 2 complements coming my way' and then sees that and be like 'DAFUQ?!'

Anyway it was either done in creative or you used a filler. Still I don't know what to think of it, Default tp makes everything look like shit. Oh well keep going

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
No to creative, no to WorldEdit, yes to filler(and a turtle). The microblock sloping side and glowstone panel ceiling was all hand-placed, which was annoying because it was juuust out of reach. I did use magnet mode to hoover up the filler's output when it cleared the basement, that's the only "cheat".

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Neat! It's not Japanese though, that roof looks more of a Thai or Chinese style, Japanese roofs don't have that extreme upward sweep on the end.
I'm not saying you should change it, it looks pretty neat that way ^^ Maybe you should look at those cultures for your inspiration on this build instead of Japanese?

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like it was done in creative

Because stuff done in creative vs survival look different? This is probably the dumbest comment I've read in a while...you can't tell by looking at a picture if something was done in creative or not...

and anyway...why would it matter? Doing something in creative doesn't take anything away from an awesome build...some people prefer to build and not worry about collecting the materials for it...

cloudbyday90

Jul 29, 2019
Because stuff done in creative vs survival look different? This is probably the dumbest comment I've ready in a while...you can't tell by looking at a picture if something was done in creative or not...

and anyway...why would it matter? Doing something in creative doesn't take anything away from an awesome build...some people prefer to build and not worry about collecting the materials for it...

I voiced my opinion, and you voiced yours. No need to flame me. Its all opinions, and your post has nothing to do with the thread itself. If you have a problem with a post, inbox the person. Don't start hating on people on a public forum.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Because stuff done in creative vs survival look different? This is probably the dumbest comment I've ready in a while...you can't tell by looking at a picture if something was done in creative or not...

I've seen worse comments. I saw a mod that turned 4 dirt into 64 diamond blocks. Just about every comment was about how stupid it was. The mod author was like "this mod is for people who want to build awesome looking bases and don't want to collect diamonds because it's boring". Because as we all know, diamond block is a GREAT main building material.

Anyways, base is looking neat so far.

Sent from a rich kids phone that I stole. (I'll regift it soon)

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
and your post has nothing to do with the thread itself

Neither does yours :D However, no reason to PM someone on like you said...a public forum...I have nothing to hide with my opinion, hence I posted it in public. While I do remit to the fact that my flame wasn't called for, your post, while it did express your opinion...was rather blunt and rude, so I followed suit in defense of the op.

It's perfectly fine to have an opinion, but when it is a completely negative opinion to a creation that someone has obviously felt proud enough of to post publically....maybe you should try including something beneficial as well and not just an..."that sucks"...;).

Now, this will be my last post about this here...anything else can be taken to PMs if you wish to continue this conversation.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I voiced my opinion, and you voiced yours. No need to flame me. Its all opinions, and your post has nothing to do with the thread itself. If you have a problem with a post, inbox the person. Don't start hating on people on a public forum.
I love it when people are straight up rude, and then complain about someone else being rude back. There's a word for I believe... Ah! Yes! Hypocrite!

Sent from a rich kids phone that I stole. (I'll regift it soon)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Neat! It's not Japanese though, that roof looks more of a Thai or Chinese style, Japanese roofs don't have that extreme upward sweep on the end.
I'm not saying you should change it, it looks pretty neat that way ^^ Maybe you should look at those cultures for your inspiration on this build instead of Japanese?
Uhhh, I guess you're right! It totally isn't Japanese style, but I like it so it's now an "oriental mix" castle.

ViruzzzDK

Jul 29, 2019
Can your little brain not work out he isn't finished? I see not.
Unless he tears the entire thing down, it's still going to be a box in a box, boxes are boring and bland, hence my comment.
If square mono-material boxes turns you on, good for you, they don't do it for me.