My First Magic Farm World - A story of Good Luck and Bad

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
So I decided to try the Magic Farm pack out. I started off in a snow biome, but I quickly managed to get out of it and found a really awesome biome next to it. There were mushrooms everywhere! I could make mushroom stew and not have to worry about going hungry for a very long time. I even managed to find sheep and was able to make a bed for the first night.

The biome even had - I kid you not - 3 silverwood trees within 20m of each other! Needless to say they got waypointed.

Then I noticed it. The taint. It turned out that right next to the amazing biome, there was a tainted one, so I made it my mission to get as far away from that tainted biome as possible. Mostly so the chunks wouldn't load and it wouldn't be able to spread.

After walking for miles and miles (because running depletes your hunger so freaking fast) I managed to stumble upon........ a village! The village had 5 farms with already tilled soil for me to use so I could get around the fact that you need iron to craft a hoe in this pack. Village streets are made of gravel, so I could finally get the flint I needed to make my first pickaxe. The village even had its very own tinkers construct building with a couple axe heads in a chest. It was a perfect place to make a home.

Or not. Next to the village there was a giant tree that produced just enough shade so monsters could spawn in it. After fighting off several zombie attacks on the village with nothing but my fists, I finally got fed up and may or may not have gone into creative mode to put torches under the tree. Then I noticed the random cave with a spawner right next to my village which I decided to just let be.

After a couple nights, I stayed out a little bit too late trying to chop down a big tree. The next morning when I woke up, a single fireball shooting zombie infected the whole village, killed me, and burned some of the village down.........

So now I'm thinking I might start over but I don't know.

The End

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Fireball shooting zombie?

It may be worth noting that villages will trigger occasional "zombie sieges" at night time - these consist of a group of zombies simply spawning somewhere around the village (or more likely IN it, if the place is large enough).

These guys ignore regular spawning rules and will quite happily pop into existence within a fully lit house.