My curiosity of the "Well-Known" title has finally gotten the better of me

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just curious what the requirements are.

No offense to anyone, but I've witnessed a few very new members, with low post counts having the "well-known" title. For example...member for less than 2 weeks, less than 200 posts...and well-known.

While this isn't really an issue or anything, I'm just curious now. For some people it's fun to become recognized with user titles (having even more would be nice btw), but to become well-known in 2 weeks with less than 200 posts lessens the "fun" of earning it (in my opinion at least).

What are the requirements for becoming "well-known" now, has it been decreased? And if so...any possibility of getting new titles added for people to earn? I like achievements and titles...just adds a bit of fun to the forum experience.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
The brackets are based on Trophy Points. Bulking up on Trophy Points is a matter of (a) posts made (b) likes garnered. The Well-Known bracket can be hit with a relatively low post count, as long as what posts you make can garner a lot of likes (Trophy List for reference of what gets those points). The Well-known bracket is relatively early vs. the amount of total points possible.

Funnily enough, on the trophy point front you're the only current forum member who has hit the maximum number of points possible, probably because you've done whatever that "Secured!" trophy requires (since the trophy doesn't actually say what its requirement is, I don't know what, not being an admin).

Could stuff be added? Sure. Will it? Probably not. That's administrative bandwidth and it's probably not something that'll carry over when/if we make the transition to Curse's in-house "Cobalt" forum platform.

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
The brackets are based on Trophy Points. Bulking up on Trophy Points is a matter of (a) posts made (b) likes garnered. The Well-Known bracket can be hit with a relatively low post count, as long as what posts you make can garner a lot of likes (Trophy List for reference of what gets those points). The Well-known bracket is relatively early vs. the amount of total points possible.

Funnily enough, on the trophy point front you're the only current forum member who has hit the maximum number of points possible, probably because you've done whatever that "Secured!" trophy requires (since the trophy doesn't actually say what its requirement is, I don't know what, not being an admin).

Could stuff be added? Sure. Will it? Probably not. That's administrative bandwidth and it's probably not something that'll carry over when/if we make the transition to Curse's in-house "Cobalt" forum platform.
it was discussed yesterday i believe that that trophy means you get 2factor authentication

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks for the nice explanation. It's interesting to hear (I run 2 forums that use Xenforo and love the trophy system...and am addicted to allowing my members tons of trophy's/titles to receive as I believe it adds to the fun and feel of the forum) how low (in my mind) the bar is for Well-known. Though now that I think about it, 150ish posts and 150ish likes is something to be applauded...guess it's just the lack of a time requirement as well that lessens the achievement a bit in my mind.

And yeah, didn't even think about the fact that it might not carry over once we change forum platforms...which makes me sad...because I LOVE xenforo :(.

Thanks again for the quick and thorough explanation! :)

it was discussed yesterday i believe that that trophy means you get 2factor authentication

that is correct :)

crap...now I'm gonna lose my #1 King of the Trophy Points spot! lol

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
This reminded me yet again that I needed to set up two-factor authentication. Logged out to test it, panicked for a second because:
1. I forgot my password for a second
2. Couldn't find the authenticator app on my tablet :p

I'm comin' for ya now, @Staxed :p

Reactions: Staxed

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Now you only need 80 :)
I'm not used to this friendliness from my competitors. Can't... handle... it...
230.gif

:p

Reactions: pderuiter

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I was the first to get there...so no one can take that away from me (even though I don't really care and didn't even know I was the only one until today :)).

RainbowHugs.jpg

Have I just derailed by own thread? :( lol

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Also... the Forum Games thread no longer count towards post counts/trophies. Some people had 1000's of posts in that section and got the title ages ago, that post count got lowered after you couldn't use it but they kept their title.

Also there used to be a No Topic Thread which had the most posts ever on the forums. After a little kerfuffle the thread got closed/deleted and all those post counts were lost (I lost about 200 from that thread)

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

Two Factor Authentication.