Mutator block for Alveary

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question about this, does anybody know if these stack?

I've already tried the wiki's and there doesn't seem to be any information about this

So I"m wondering, if I put in say.. three mutator blocks, is there any point to this at all, and if so, do they stack additively (x2 + x2 + x2 = x6) or is it multiplicative (x2 * x2 * x2 = x8),

otherwise.. should I start thinking about gearing up to kill the wither

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
otherwise.. should I start thinking about gearing up to kill the wither

I wouldn't think that they would, but seeing as how there does not appear to be any data on this, you should run a test.

Try an alveary with one, and one with... ten (can you fit ten, even? Mm), and fill them up and then see if the mutation rate over the course of a few dozen generations is massively different. Of course, you'll want to do this on creative mode. Thanks!

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Well DW20 uses multiples in his Alveary on Forgecraft and considering Binnie is on Forgecraft as well you'd suppose that it may have been mentioned if it didn't do anything to use more than one.

Kik

Jul 29, 2019
in one of the Direwolf20's season 4 multiplayer episodes one of the ladies tells him that you can get 100% chance of mutation with a combination of frames and mutator blocks
apologies as I can't remember which one and pinpoint the time for you off the top of my head

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
Well DW20 uses multiples in his Alveary on Forgecraft and considering Binnie is on Forgecraft as well you'd suppose that it may have been mentioned if it didn't do anything to use more than one.

The question is how will they stack, not if they stack. How they stack can make a significant difference in how many people may want to use in an alveary.

My thought is, they'd be additive each affecting the base mutation chance.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I always get 100% mutation (even with valuable bee) with 4 mutator block + 4 uranium chunk; IIRC 1 uranium chunk is 25x so it should be at least 25+25+25+25.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, Well the question was If they would stack, and then if they do, how.

So this is useful information. Four mutation blocks with uranium = 100% mutation
This is good ^^

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, Well the question was If they would stack, and then if they do, how.

So this is useful information. Four mutation blocks with uranium = 100% mutation
This is good ^^

Ok, I just searched it in XBee thread and it is 10x, Maybe I was lucky to get 1 valuable princess and 4 valuable drones using 4 uraniums since the chance of mutation is 2%. But I've always got 100% mutation with 4 uraniums anyway.. (since most mutation chance are 5-15%).

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I always get 100% mutation (even with valuable bee) with 4 mutator block + 4 uranium chunk; IIRC 1 uranium chunk is 25x so it should be at least 25+25+25+25.

If mutation is additive, in that each 25% adds up to the total. Otherwise, it's likely multiplicative, in that each is a 25% to trigger, which would be 25% four times, or roughly a one in two hundred and fifty-six chance that it won't work. Assuming that it stacks that way, as well, and that I did the math there correctly (1 / (4^4))

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I just searched it in XBee thread and it is 10x, Maybe I was lucky to get 1 valuable princess and 4 valuable drones using 4 uraniums since the chance of mutation is 2%. But I've always got 100% mutation with 4 uraniums anyway.. (since most mutation chance are 5-15%).

10x, so that means if it was additive, then you'd end up with 80% chance of that mutation I believe
10x + 10x + 10x +10x = 40 x 2% = 80% chance of it working

Else, if they multiply
10x * 10x * 10x * 10x = 10000x * 2% = 20000% chance of it working.

Hm. I'm more inclined to go with you were lucky and didn't get the 20% chance of failure.

If you get 100% success with 2 uranium, then we can either say you're really lucky or it's multiplying together, but if it fails at all with two uranium, then we can rule it would be additive. Does that sound like a logical conclusion?

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
I've just tested it again with 6 alvearys in creatives, it appeared that with 1 uranium ore you wouldn't get 100% mutation rate BUT with 2 uranium ores you still get 100% mutation rate for valuable bee (2% chance of mutation), so the mutator block is multiplicative.. dang OP mutator block :p

Reactions: Adonis0

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
If mutation is additive, in that each 25% adds up to the total. Otherwise, it's likely multiplicative, in that each is a 25% to trigger, which would be 25% four times, or roughly a one in two hundred and fifty-six chance that it won't work. Assuming that it stacks that way, as well, and that I did the math there correctly (1 / (4^4))
You did the maths correctly, but the mutator blocks adds a multiplier to chance, it doesn't add chance directly on it.

For example Eyes of ender add a 4x multiplier to chance, so it's 4x as likely with an eye of ender in there, they don't add an innate 25% chance or something like that, because then each bee becomes as likely as the last, while with multipliers, the rare mutation bees are still more rare than the others, but you've increased their chances.[DOUBLEPOST=1362531279][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've just tested it again with 6 alvearys in creatives, it appeared that with 1 uranium ore you wouldn't get 100% mutation rate BUT with 2 uranium ores you still get 100% mutation rate for valuable bee (2% chance of mutation), so the mutator block is multiplicative.. dang OP mutator block :p

Well, in that case.. 4 Eyes of ender for me, Go enderman and blaze spawners :3

Reactions: Guswut

voidreality

Jul 29, 2019
I've always gotten 100% mutation with 3 mutators. First try Vis bees, first try Pure bees and first try Aura bees (during half moon). All pure breds.